Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about max block for windy

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Decebal, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Questions about max block for windy

Hi all druid forum dwellers! :D

I read the stickied windy guide on this forum and i was wondering how many of you tried a similar build following the guide?

The reason is that i ask this is because when u use storm u need a lot of strength and a lot of dex to achieve max block, e g 75%. To obtain that percentage dex must be pumped to 225 (total dex i guess). Storm looks like a nice shield imo but i was wondering if there other options besides storm when making a windy for PvP.

What if i dont chose to pump points into dex but pump into vita instead?
    How good is that windy gonna be? Has anyone tried this kind of build? Or u must find a balance between life and dex?

Any inputs on the above questions will be appreciated!

BTW - I never built a druid before windy, wolf, bear, summoner u name it so i'm a real noob here! :p

Thx for your time to read my thread and for posting your inputs!

/Dec

2. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

I think it's easy to pump up your life above 1000 with a Druid. Remember you can use Oak Sage. I can float life above 2k with CTA's.

I don't know max blocking is just a tough one, but then I don't really melee. I only really need to worry about them darn ranged attacks and yes, I've lost more than one character to a ranged attack.

Just build it and do what you feel is best. Get the best stuff you can and after you've played and you don't like this or you don't like that, or you more of this and less of that. Then make a new, you're experienced and know what you want.

Masa

3. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

No need for block, just keep your summons up and you shall be fine.

4. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

So it seems like a Vita windy is more popular!

Of course u can rebuild the druid after some the first try!

I will give it a try and make a vita druid! :p

Thx for inputs!

/Dec

5. Hurtmeister

Hurtmeister IncGamers Member

Hey
    I dunno if im too late now but I suggest go for max block since it really help vs melee fighters, they will only hit 1/4 attacks. I tried both max block and vita build but blocking route is the one to go if u ask me, but its all personal preference.
    About the str req on storm, put a nice -req jewel in it. And if u want other shield I would suggest Sanctuary (need same amount of dex for max block as storm).
    Good Luck!

6. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Thx for your reply!
    Nice to see someone that tried both a vita windy and a max block windy. Yeah the str req for storm can be solved with a -req jewel plus other nice stats. the optimal since to be -15 req/15 resist all but that jewels is very expensive on ladder!

Thx for your answer!
    /Dec

7. jerichob

jerichob IncGamers Member

I had a similar problem with sorc and the solution was that max block worked better. Also, I use Spirit Monarch Shield instead of Storm.

8. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

no go with strom for the DR ^^

A druid only gets something like 2 hp for every 1 vita (Half of barb) so if you want high block with high hp then you need a lot of +life, a high lvl oak, and high lvl CTA :)