Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about making a Cta

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Jemme, May 5, 2005.

1. Jemme

Jemme IncGamers Member

Questions about making a Cta

Hiya guys.

When I want to make a Call to Arms and wanna get the highest number on the various skills on Cta is it important to make it with character with Clvl 90 for example or will a Clvl 1 character also get me high skills?

I got both so I was just curious to find out if the character level is of any consequence in making that Runeword.

Also why is it I usually see people make Cta on a Flail (or Scourge etc.) and not on other 5 socket weapons? Is this solely done for the +250-290% Enhanced Damage (varies) you get when making this weapon?

Usually this is the second weapon and its just used for the Bo's and stuff so I dont see the need. Or am I missing something.

Jemme

2. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

1-It doesnt matter what is the level of the character you use to make a runeword. Just put the right runes in the right weapon and cross your fingers, hoping to get a nice one.

2-I think the 5os flail is most commonly used because it is one of the lowest requirement weapon you can use for this. I have also used a crystal sword to make the one on my sorceress just because I left her with base dexterity (25) and the flail call for 35 dex. Also, this runeword could potentially be used as a primary weapon, as it have nice damage, speed, life leech and magic find but you would have to make it in a much stronger weapon than the flail (berseker axe or similar) and that weapon would have much higher requirements, and probably much less trade value afterward as people dont use that as such.

I hope that helps, and wish you good luck in the making of your Cta!

Zalc

3. Jemme

Jemme IncGamers Member

Txs Zalc for you quick response, much appreciated mate :)

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

crystal swords are also common weapons for CTAs.

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Yeah... a lot of people make them in flails, but I find that I prefer Cswords for mine. Mainly because I only have one, on my hammerdin - He uses HoTo, which if you want a one handed HoTo has to be made in a flail (knout, scourge). If I were to use a flail CtA as well, then I wouldn't be able to tell which weapon setup I was on just by looking at my character, once I cast holy sheild.

With the csword, I can see - Oh, it's a big, blue sword? Okay, then I've got my CtA setup on, and need to switch. :p

6. greatrambino1981

greatrambino1981 IncGamers Member

haha I know the feeling. Hmm why are my hammers not doing any damage????