Questions about Insight and Rhyme... [regarding merc and shield] d

Grotznik

Diabloii.Net Member
Questions about Insight and Rhyme... [regarding merc and shield]

Hey!

Im playing a skelemancer who just hit lvl 70.

Im wondering if giving my might merc an Insight polearm will overwrite his might aura? Or if the two auras (meditation and might) will stack?

I'm also wondering which shield that would be most suitable for me to put the Rhyme runeword in? I planning to go for max block, so i think I'll pick a towershield because of the low str req and high block...

And the last question is, what is the easiest way to find a two-socketed tower shield? If Larzuk sockets one of thoose, is it possible that it may get two sockets or will it always get three?

TorchwoodI

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Questions about Insight and Rhyme... [regarding merc and shield]

1. I think the arua's will stack but i can't be 100% on that.
2. Not Sure
3. As far as i know Larzak always give's Maz Sockets. I have tried sockets 6-7 flail's with him and always get 5 sox when i want 4.

Hope this helps.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

1. Auras stack.
2. A tower shield is also heavy armor (drain stamina); I recommend using a heater, but you may want to go with a bone shield. EDIT: Grim shield is also good. Just get the highest defense your strength allows.
3. If you find a 0os heater, larzuk will give it 2 sockets. Other than that, run cows with no mf.

Last edited:

Grotznik

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks alot for the answers...

Then i'll be aiming for the heatershield. If i can't find one i'll try to find grim shield or tower shield. :)

Ultra Concentrated Joy

Diabloii.Net Member

Dude.

The shield should be a necromancer head. Gives you +skills, and all of them will get 2 sockets when taken to larzuk. Look for one which is +skele, +skele mastery and +skele mage. And you shouldn't worry about getting hit too much as a skellimancer with all your meat shields. The biggest physical threat should be the piercing javelins in act 5.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

He's going for max block. How much dex will he need if he uses a necro head?

Obviously the best shield is Humonculus, but those are hard to get right now.

Keryth

Diabloii.Net Member

I have my Rhyme on a grim shield. Does the job just fine for my amazon until I up my Titans and get a Stormshield. Not sure how much dex a necro would need for that to come out with a decont block % though if thats what your after.

If you want you can use larzuk to socket it, if you dont have any quests left to do it with then make a new character and rush it to act 5 etc.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure how much dex a necro would need for that to come out with a decont block % though if thats what your after.
The best that a rhyme necro head will get is 52%. At level 70, it will take 217 dex to get max block; homunculus takes only 161. For now, he has to decide if he wants max block or some +skills. However, if he goes for +skills now, he will need to rebuild his necro when he gets a homunculus. I would take the slightly less powerful road for now, and not have to spend 10 hours leveling later on. My fishy last ladder used a Gerke's Sanctuary socketed with a p diamond until I could get a Homunculus.

Grotznik

Diabloii.Net Member

I have my Rhyme on a grim shield. Does the job just fine for my amazon until I up my Titans and get a Stormshield. Not sure how much dex a necro would need for that to come out with a decont block % though if thats what your after.

If you want you can use larzuk to socket it, if you dont have any quests left to do it with then make a new character and rush it to act 5 etc.
Thanks again for all useful answers...

I just found a grim shield which i made the runeword in, works well :)

Only 60% block though, but this shield will do until i find something better, at least it will help me through hell :)