Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about Hcube socketing

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Thass, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Thass

Thass Diabloii.Net Member

Questions about Hcube socketing

I've been trying to get a 4 socket polearm for my merc who just hit 27. (Going for insight)

I know that the larzuk socketing quest takes the "item level" into considering when calculating the sockets. Does the Hcube recipe do the same?

I was under the impression it didn't, and so I tried a couple time with sycthes I had found in normal, and I kept getting 3 sockets. I know normal items have a 3 socket max for larzuk, so I am wondering if the hcube does too.

Thanks.

2. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Questions about Hcube socketing

Well the max number of sockets it can get is indeed the max it can get. Doesn't matter whether you use the cube or Larzuk

And :welcome: to the forums

3. Thass

Thass Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still a little confused though.

I just found a voulge in normal act 2. Arreat summit says voulge can have up to 4 sockets. But I've been reading that the max number of sockets is also depended on the level of the monster who dropped the item, but this has always been in reference to the lazruk quest. Just wondering if it also applies to Hcube.

Short version, is it possible for me to get a 4 socket polearm without going into nightmare to do it?

Thanks

4. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones Diabloii.Net Member

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Sockets

For voulge to get 4os the ilvl needs to be 26 or more. I'm not 100% sure but I think ilvl = mlvl in normal. And mlvl is = alvl. But really I'm not so sure, better wait for someone (probably Krischan :rolleyes:) to confirm this

5. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

6. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, monsters in Normal have their own specific level, not tied to the area.

7. fudoshin

fudoshin Diabloii.Net Member

maximum number of sockets depends on qlv but then maximum is maximum ;) and larzuk gives u maximum everytime but cube not. so if u have really right item and u need the same number of sockets like is maximum i recommend u to use larzuk (ed items u can socket just via larzuk).if u need other number than is maximum, if u dont want to waste larzuk q or if u want to socket eth armor for extra defense then use cube...and for cube sockets:maximum number of sockets is 6 in general.when u socketing item, e.g. armor then: chance for 1s is 1/6, the same for 2s and 3s.but for 4s:that number of sockets is maximum for armor.but game using maximum number of sockets in game (6) even in this case, it means use calculation till 6, but in case of 5,6 its changed to 4,so chance for 4s armor is 3/6...if i am not mistaken :)

8. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

Run (where anya is) frozen river until you find a partizan.