Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about Auradin Build

Discussion in 'PvP' started by AnrkyEvo, Nov 20, 2006.

1. AnrkyEvo

AnrkyEvo IncGamers Member

Questions about Auradin Build

Just a question about Auradins guys, I read somewhere that Aura's have to be same level to stack. Is this correct? Cause I know that dual dreams will be same level, but what about Hand of Justice (Level 16 Aura) and Dragon (Level 14)? I just wanted to get a clear answer first before actually spending lots on this build as it is quite an expensive build.

Also, since it items granting Auras, do synergies add damage to the Aura damage?

Since most Auras aren't supposed to be melee, why do pure fire Auradins use Hand of Justice (if the above question about level auras is true) and not a 6Os Weapon with fire facets if the just want the -Fire Res? They won't have much Ar to melee much anyways right?

Any help is appreciate =)

2. levitikus

levitikus IncGamers Member

You will still need Ar as well in order to hit but the Conviction aura helps dramatically. The auras do stack for the dragon and Hoj Runewords. HOJ has a -Res mod in it. along with the lvl 16 Holy fire aura and other mods along with dmg it is more appealing for the build than a faceted weapon. With this build facets are non existing since all of you items are runewords you have no space to socket anything with a facet. This is a good guide for what you are going for
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=365416&page=1&pp=10
    This is an expensive build and people have managed their gear to absorb the pulses and ele dmg.. so good luck

3. psych

psych IncGamers Member

Auras will stack if they are both (all) from items

Item-aura will not stack with skill-aura (=active aura on your pala)

4. AnrkyEvo

AnrkyEvo IncGamers Member

Yeah, I already knew about Pally Aura, and Aura on items, whichever is higher will be active. My question was just about different level auras on items.

So, then if that is correct, then:
    HoJ (Lvl 16 HF) + Dragon Armor (Lvl 14 HF) + Dragon Shield (Lvl 14 HF) = Level 44 Holy Fire?

Has anyone ever tried a pure one element Auradin? Or has it always been dual Holy Fire/Holy Shock builds?

5. psych

psych IncGamers Member

Yes people have made torchadins (l44 hfire), I believe there is a guide in the paladin forum. Might be pvm though.

6. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

I made a HF/HS auradin awhile ago, using Dream armor and shield with Dragon armor and HoJ pb.

He was pretty cool! The only dr I got was from a dungo (15) so meele people tended to eat me up. I also made the mistake of maxing FoH...and the damage just was not there from that spell.

I'm in the process of remaking, and here are so things I learned:

1) First FoH is not viable unless you go Holy shock gear only and use godly foh stick with facets in other items etc. I personally dont recommend this, since people are very prepared these days against FoHers and can negate THEM...much less your weak lightning only build

2) Fire and Lightning is a must...as is maxing Resist fire and Lit. Toss on a raven or two and you will pretty much demolish any caster...which is good these days since thats 75% of all pubs...Cs zons and fb sorcs.

3) Maxing salvation is a close call IMHO. Those 20 points dont add to your resist max and only add a little damage to your auras...they start to add up when you connect with charge though. I'm very tempted to put 1 point in salvation and pump the rest into Holy shield or Charge itself...which leads to...

4) Charge is good. It is your friend and possibly only meele attack. I'm considering maxing it, since the only way you will be able to win vs smiters and WW barbs will be to get a good charge lock on them and pray. With only 1 pt, your ar will not be very good.

5) Holy shield last time only got 1 point, which was a mistake. I think you need the extra blocking/defense against WW barbs if you are going to survive. Those saved points from Salvation could go here, I'm thinking 5-10.

6) 1 point in Zeal was really effective. Against low def enemies (trapsins, sorcs, zons) once charge gets you close, a rapid zeal finished them off quite rapidly. I dont think its worth maxing, but rather rely on +plus skill items or charms.

7) You will basically destroy casters with this build and have an uphill battle against meele. Smiters with their huge defense and ability to stack lots of resists (as well as use lifetap and that never missing habit) will be very tough for you.

8) Nothing beats everything, and it sure is nice to own those supposed BM farcast zons that people always seem to fetch when angry.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. PM me if you have any q

Josi

7. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

This guy knows what he's talking about... listen to him.

I wanted to try a ice/light auradin... instead of fire. I also wanted to test out an eth runemaster with 4x light facet and a zod. Good phys dmg, and lightning damage... Or maybe a grief for the massive phys damage... of course maxing charge. Very versitile build... and you may be able to tg with the pulses. :wink: