Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about AR and Mana Leech.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by egervari, Mar 6, 2004.

1. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

Questions about AR and Mana Leech.

How much ar do you need in hell? I think with my gear, I have around 8000 or so. I'm using 6% arreats, 25% leviathan, stormshield, grandfather, ravenfost, rare ar/leech/stat ring, goreriders, steelrends and metalgrid. I think I cheesed out on dex to get more vit because in classic, you never needed to put much points into dex at all to hit anything in hell and I just used angelics when I dueled. Now in xpac, ar is completely changed and I reckon that I need more since I'm not hitting. This causing problems since when I don't hit, I obviously do not leech.

Which reminds me, assuming you can't get a botd, how much mana leech do you need to never worry about mana for whirlwind? In classic, all you needed was very little, but I got a menald/cresent moon ammy on another barb and I'm still having leech problems on nightmare. Is this a leech problem or ar problem?

Thanks for answering my questions on ar and leech. I really appreciate it.

2. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

well, the demon limb is fun. what a nifty idea. I still want more though =)

3. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

8000 is a decent amount for pvm in hell, just make sure your character level stays near or above what you're fighting, since that affects accuracy as well. If you find yourself having trouble, use any of the items repeatedly mentioned in this forum to boost your ar, such as angelic pieces, the limb, or charms.

As for leech, I'm not sure what to tell you...the more damage you do, the less leech you need, but whirlwind is a mana hog in general. My conc barb only had 3% until he got BotD, though my ww barb has around 15% or so. Damage to Mana items help a lot with whirl though, so when you get hit, you'll restore some mana.

-Hal

4. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

8000 ar is fine PvM

I like to have at least 7% mana leech (a perf manald) on a WW barb

5. Meng_lin

Meng_lin IncGamers Member

mine barb did just fine with 4% mana leech