questions about a build

adecoy

Diabloii.Net Member
questions about a build

i was reading electric blues hybrid wolf guide, and i was wondering about this one :

Poison Creeper 20
Lycanthropy 20
Raven 1
Fury 20
Oak Sage 20
Rabies 20

is this a good hybrid build? it seems fun to me, but im just curious as to why no points into the werewolf form except for one (obviously)

Kiba

Diabloii.Net Member
That is the standard fury / rabie wolf

It can be good but it all depends on what gear and charms you use

Some prefer maxing oak over werewolf , i maxed werewolf instead of oak for more ar.

adecoy

Diabloii.Net Member
ElohimWolf said:
That is the standard fury / rabie wolf

It can be good but it all depends on what gear and charms you use

Some prefer maxing oak over werewolf , i maxed werewolf instead of oak for more ar.
oh ok, is the difference between the two big or did you just need the attack rating for duels?

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
Well there is a difference for sure, but for dueling purposes some might not want to rely on the life from Oak as much as they rely on their attack rating. Oak is great all around, but I really think you need the AR bonus for any melee other then most druids who don't have huge defense.

JME

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't actually experimented with this hybrid, but in my experience with wolf druids I find I have more AR problems than life problems. Perhaps a mix of the two? You could crunch some numbers and find the life/ar balance most suitable to your needs. If more PvP oriented I would definitely favor the AR as sage dies quickly and could easily be disposed of first by an opponent. Even in PvM I would make sure that your AR is sufficient to get a decent attack percentage.

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
Numerically it does. However, in Hell monsters regen so fast and have so much Health that rabies isn't as destructive as it should be.

adecoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Verashiden said:
Numerically it does. However, in Hell monsters regen so fast and have so much Health that rabies isn't as destructive as it should be.
i thought poision stopped regeneration.... :cry:

MrGoth

Diabloii.Net Member
JME said:
sage dies quickly and could easily be disposed of first by an opponent
The answer. I'd say keep sage at level 1, and let +skills buff it up. Would you really put 19 points in a skill that can die, when you could put in it a skill that wont?

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
adecoy said:
i thought poision stopped regeneration.... :cry:
It does. However that's all it does. Might as well throw on Prevent Monster Heal.

I've tried using my 3.5k Rabies (shut up...) in Act 1 NM. The damage is pathetic. It would take about 30k Rabies to kill one zombie. And this is in NM. In Hell the number gets a LOT bigger.

adecoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Verashiden said:
It does. However that's all it does. Might as well throw on Prevent Monster Heal.

I've tried using my 3.5k Rabies (shut up...) in Act 1 NM. The damage is pathetic. It would take about 30k Rabies to kill one zombie. And this is in NM. In Hell the number gets a LOT bigger.
oh thats a shame :undecided:

i did the same test and it seems to me that it works ok....

i decided to go rabies instead of fire claws because if im gonna be maxing fury having two different attacks spinning at the same time would be redundant... besides... i think that zombies have very high poision resist

Valvolux

Diabloii.Net Member
Verashiden said:
Indeed you are correct. Rabies is awful in PvM.
I completely disagree, you're basing this on your 3.5k rabies damage experience?

Try 60k Rabies, it chews through act5 hell monsters no worries.

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
60k? How do you get up to that without sacrificing insane life, resist, and/or damage? Also, it was 3.5 k in NM, Sir. I used that to see what percentage of life was taken off in a single hit. The amount was about 10%. That means that it would take a 30k Rabies to kill a Zombie in Act 1 NM. Also, how long does it take a 60k Rabies to kill the monsters? I'm assuming it's ~seven seconds. Are you using it in conjunction with Fury?

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, but I asked how fast it kills. Does it matter if it kills if it takes seven+ seconds to do it?

adecoy

Diabloii.Net Member
is there any sort of link that talks about damage that rabies does and how to do the math on it?

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm, perhaps. However, I'm still not sure how you'ere getting up to 60k rabies. What's youe resists at in hell?