Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions About a Build I Might Try

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Verashiden, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Questions About a Build I Might Try

Oh noes, it's a noob asking "How do I make my Fury Godly!!11" Run!

XD seriously though I have a few questions.

I might attempt to make a alternate Fury Wolf style for PvM. With all the points that remain I was thinking about maxing Cyclone Armor then putting one point into Hurricane.

*gets bashed* Awww :(

Anyways, my questions are as follows:

Arreat summit doesn't explain this but can you cast Hurricane, shift, and retain Hurricane?

And how long is Hurricanes cold duration in hell?

Thanks for looking! :)

2. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

mmm too be honest i dont think you will need cyclone armor or hurricane for pvm , instead i would put rest of points in Dire Wolves , they make great summons too tie up big groups of monsters and can fend for themselves if maxed.

you can cast hurricane and then shift into wolf with the effect's of hurricane still on. Also you can cast armageddon in wolf form and hurricane in bear form.

3. Evah

Evah IncGamers Member

hmmmm i was always thinking that geddon is a bearish stuff

4. Verashiden

True. I'm just seeing if you could use Hurricane in place of a Holy Freeze merc and get a Might Merc or something. Also, might cut down on the dependency on a merc in hell.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor IncGamers Member

geddon is a good choice if you plan to wear + skill gear, because even with just geddon maxed, its damage bonus gets signifigantly better after 20, and with the + bonus to your synergies, it only gets better. also i would consider a HS merc if you go that route, because geddons damage is much higher than hurri, but it falls quite randomly, so slowing down monsters provides more chances your bombardment of metoers will hit. i think a might merc is a little unecessary for PvM, you will kill fine with fury dmg and what ever +ed gear or skills you get.

6. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

You can cast hurricane & shift into either bear or wolf. You can cast armageddon in either bear or wolf form, but I don't think you can cast hurricane in either Bear or Wolf form. Valvo is the local bear expert, but I'll have to try it on my bear when I get home.

From blizzard's web page:
    You can cast Armageddon while in Werewolf or Werebear form.

I'm pretty sure, he meant you can cast hurricane then shift into another form and still have the effect on.

cheers,
    Kirah

7. Verashiden

Lol okies. I'm still unsure as to the cold duration in hell. Any input on that?

8. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Dont make a fury wolf they suck! make a fury wolf!

Lol jk, my pvp wolf is not dependant on hell merc at all. Dracs, grief or botd, coh and a shield (pheo is accutlly good cuza deption) you set.

IMC :grin:

9. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

I have made the build your talking about and the hurricane is just for show. The time and the effect of hurricane is not as effective as holyfreeze. Its called a artic wolf. And the cyclone armor plus tornados are alot better of a option. Because the ideal behind the build is to use cyclone armor to aboseb elemental attacks. Where if you maxed out hurricane as well you end up waisting 2 points on getting to it. I hope that helps.

10. Verashiden

Ah, all right then. If the duration is horribly short then I won't attempt it. Thanks for the help!