Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about 1.10s

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dazliare, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

Hello!

I started 1.10s last night, mostly to go after beta BKWB and beta CtA, but I had some other questions.

Are there other items I should look out for?
    I understand that the fastest way to find runes is to hellforge rush groups of characters. I've never done any sort of multiple instances/multiboxing. How exactly does this work?
    Can gomule be used with 1.10s? If so, how do I keep it separate from 1.13 stashes?
    How do I forward items once I'm ready to do so? Do I just use ATMA/Gomule to move the item from a 1.10s character to a 1.13?

Thanks!!

2. maareek

maareek IncGamers Member

The beta BKWB only exists in 1.10a as far as I know, and neither GoMule or ATMA work with that patch (again, as far as I know). A thread about hunting beta BKWBs.

Never hellforge rushed myself, but here's a link to the stickies where there's 3 linked guides none of them are in 1.10 but afaik 1.09 is superior for the rushing anyway.

I don't time travel so I don't have experience with the stashes thing. ATMA allows you to make dedicated stashes for specific patches, GoMule may as well.

DO NOT under any circumstances move an item from a character or stash in the patch it currently exists in to a stash for a different patch. Ever. You run a very high risk of corrupting the item and/or stash by doing this. To forward an item: put it on a mule in the patch the item was found/created in and then open that mule in the patch you want it forwarded to (using the game itself). This will forward the item to that patch and you then ONLY put that item in stashes for that patch. Time traveling requires you to be very careful and particular about this, and the SP(T)F rules even moreso.

3. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I don't think anyone actually plays 1.10s. You collect the items in 1.07 / 1.09 and make the items in the patch.

4. Dazliare

I'm thinking you're right. So I should *play* 1.08/1.09 for the runes, and forward them to 1.10 when I make the runewords? What's the difference between 1.10s and 1.10a then?

5. maareek

maareek IncGamers Member

They're both beta versions, and they're different, both from each other and in terms of being different patches. 1.10s has the much more powerful Crescent Moon, Delirium and Call of Arms versions of the runewords we currently have. 1.10a has the +2skills Bul-Kathos Wedding Bands. 1.10a also has the same Call to Arms effects as 1.10s, but the runeword requires different runes (Amn+Ral+Mal+Ist), and is useless in other versions.

6. Dazliare

Makes sense. So here's my goal: 2x bkwb and beta CtA. Does that mean I should play 1.09 and 1.10a, and when I want to make the CtA, I'll just forward the runes to 1.10s?

7. BBS_Agonistes

BBS_Agonistes IncGamers Member

I have a 1.10s Crescent Moon in my stash. Used it a bit, but still need to make a character based around it. Quite sexy.

8. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

I collected the forges in 1.10s itself. Some people do this in 1.10a then forward to 1.10s (requires an ATMA IV tool to convert items from 1.10a to 1.10s iirc) because in 1.10a you can have a beta CtA for use immediately (amn ral mal ist) to make it easier.

I used a fishymancer to collect forges, and forward a bunch of other things from 1.07 like an enchantress and BO barb since I figured I might want/need them.

I did all of my rushing in 1.07 but tbh that takes a bit of effort. Not sure it's any easier in later versions, though. I think no matter what you do it's going to take quite a bit of effort to get the char that is capable of rushing mules up and running. I do 6-7 mules at a time in 1.07 with a FOrb sorc and a BO barb (for hell, if I go to A5 for some reason). My 1.10a fire sorc was separate entirely though I did forward some useful items from it to 1.10s iirc since I found a lot of crap from my andy runs

9. maareek

maareek IncGamers Member

1.09 or 1.07, whichever works better for you. 1.09 is easier, 1.07 has a long list of things going for it, though ease doesn't really fit in anywhere. But yes, items never travel backwards so you should do your farming as far back as you are going, and then move certain characters and items forward to collect and spend the items you get. That way you leave characters in each of the patches in case you realize there's something later you want to do.

Since 1.10a doesn't work with any muling program, you're probably best off doing your rushing in 1.09 and then moving directly from there to 1.10s to make the runewords since the less fiddling with 1.10a the better.

To put that another, possibly easier to follow way: because characters and items only ever go forward in patches, you want to start as far back as you're going to go and work your way forward. If there are things you want in 1.07, you may as well start there so you don't have to start from scratch in, say, 1.09 and then do it again in 1.07 some time later on. When you feel like moving on to another patch, move only what you need forward so you still have a base to go back to in the other patches.

If all you want is a beta CtA and some BKWB, the most sensible thing would probably be to start in 1.09 and get a character capable of rushing in that patch, then rush up another char to do the collecting in 1.10s. Rush your mules (using the first character which you left in 1.09) up to Hell Hellforge in 1.09, then forward them to collect the Hellforges in 1.10s with your second powerful character.

You could collect in 1.10a, but that adds another layer of challenge to the proceedings. The best way would probably be to level up a third character in 1.09 to move to 1.10a, maybe collect a single set of rushes with it (or however many it takes to make a 1.10a CtA) and then do the rest in 1.10s so you can use a muling program instead of just multiple instances muling.

If any of the broken items in 1.07 at all interest you, though, you should just start there, and you can easily forward a char to 1.09 to do rushing if that's what you want to do.

10. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

For the sake of your sanity, don't play 1.08!!!!!!!

11. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

1.09 classic is where it's at if you're wanting to rush a lot of players to the hell forge because there's no Act 5. Or 1.07 LoD works too, because ancients had no level req. But 1.09 LoD is by far the easiest patch to play, especially 1.09b with the players64 command, make an LFzon and you can push a couple toons to 99 in cows while you're at it. Be forewarned that every patch has its good and bad stuff, hax items and instakill mobs. arguably only 1.13d is what I would consider "done".

EDIT: Fun fact: I just confirmed that players64 works in 1.09b Classic too ^_^

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  12. pharphis

You don't even have to do Ancient's in 1.07. You can skip straight to Baal. Same as Duriel (if you muled off a bunch of staves from earlier difficulties...) and Mephisto.

Ok, I'll make a short list of what I do to rush character in 1.07:

1) Andy

2) Collect Horadric staves, mule off all but 1
    3) Arcane sanctuary to check which tomb Duriel is in (there are 6 floating symbols near summoner, and the one that is missing is the "true tomb")
    4) Kill duriel, then have mule walk through to talk to Tyrael (doesn't need to be in the tomb for Duriel kill and Duriel will 1-hit any mule in any difficulty with his charge, so best to avoid it especially in HC)
    5) Make portal in Harem lvl 1 if needed

6) Mephisto

7) Collect normal hell forge for all characters at once to get many flawless and pgems.
    8) Diablo

9) Shenk for socket reward... there are so many things to socket in 1.07 that you may as well grab as many as you can
    10) Baal

For NM, repeat everything except mule on a Horadric staff for one of the characters. You can do this even before entering A2. Then, use that staff to go directly to Duriel (after summoner ofc)
    Collect NM forges in 1.07 because lum + ko runes are extremely valuable for crafting. Shae, um, etc. are also useful anyway. You'll want to do one character's quest at a time and probably before you enter hell in case they die.

For Hell, Stop in A4 unless you really want to use these characters and lvl them up through hell ancient's (or later on cows), socket quest, etc. Do not collect forges until they have been forwarded to later versions since in 1.07 (and I think up to 1.09) um is the highest you get in both nm and hell.

Optional: Saving anya for characters you plan to use, Ancient's in each difficulty for exp bonus (1 -> 24-> ~44 -> 56 iirc).

If you do ancient's, you'll probably want to dump points in either incr speed (barbs) or BO if you need it.

/p8 CS in NM is kinda slow and annoying. IM = merc dies immediately.
    /p3+ CS in Hell is super tedious once again because of IM but also because De Seis pack is very dangerous if you don't have some mdr (and max res ofc) or a few thousand life.

Notes: on high /p setting in either nm or hell (I always forget) the static field glitch will result in SF killing Andy, Duriel or Meph immediately.

This is all done in HC so in SC it would be slightly easier. In hell you absolutely want to use BO before fighting baal with a sorc. He does ~2k dmg -(4 x mdr). Having Arkaine's + shako + BO should leave a sorc with something like 3700 life which is plenty. ES also helps if you opt for putting a few points in that.

AntAnkh likes this.
  13. Dazliare

This is extremely helpful. If I ever get Bliss actually working then I'll definitely be using this. Thanks!

pharphis likes this.
  14. pharphis

I should have mentioned that ort, po, fal, and probably some other runes are also good for crafting in 1.07. Maybe someone can chime in with a list of all useful gem types and runes in 1.07 (I would appreciate this as well since I've been leaving some of these on the ground probably)

15. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

Anyway, shortest and most sensible guide for time traveling would be:

1.06b sorc for rare classic boots and SoJ gambling. Get your sorc to required level (citation needed), keep unique variants of all boots and all non SoJ rings.
    Get rack near waypoint in LK that consistently drops some heavy armor that is sold for max value, rack it for gold and gamble away.

Play and main 1.07 for racks, hax, charms and everything.
    For leveling cows, for charms and gems travincal with barb, for rackable uniques lower kurast.

All saphs get used in 1.07 for hax mpk rings
    All chipped/flawed gems get used in 1.07 for crafting
    All skulls are cubed to perfect and get used in 1.08 for 6 affix jewels.
    All standard/flawless gems get forwarded to 1.10a for rerolling Runic Talons, Dimensional Shards or *insert base here*
    (or forwarded to 1.13 for standard charm rerolling/something uninspired)
    All 1.07 gold should be spent on trying to get 1.08 HLW or Windforce by gambling.

Any character that you need to use in any patch will get rushed in 1.07 because just by killing ancients you can have lvl 52 characters without killing any monster.

Hellforge rushes are done in 1.07 because it's easiest.
    Collecting runes on NM difficulty is done in 1.07 (because Ko and Lum runes) and Lem/Pul/Um can be used in later patches.
    Collecting runes on Hell difficulty is done in 1.10a (preferably) or 1.10s if you must.
    You want specialized character for killing Hephasto/clearing forge and sorc to open tp in forge. Hammerdin/Fishy will work best, sorcs are quite bad except for opening portal.

1.10a is for beta BKWBs and slightly better Nosferatu's coil. Just kill Hell Andy 10 000 times.
    It is suggested that you make 1.10a CtA to help your sorc and collect Hell forge runes easier precisely because of that RW.

1.10s is only for having lvl1 character that will roll beta runewords.

I think this should cover basics of any time traveler. I might miss some stuff but this is fine as general timetraveling 1.01 guide and you won't miss much by following it.

AntAnkh, Jcakes, GooberGrape and 2 others like this.
  16. pharphis

what are each gems used for in 1.07?

What is difference between 1.10a nos and whatever other versions can drop?

17. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

Gems?

I guess wea re talking about things that can be used a lot at once and not something like occasional Ko rune that gets crafted. Of those cheap and can_be_done_easily stuff, I think you only really need to care about rubies.

They have a lot of uses, especially because Blood crafts that usually spawn tons of leech.
    I guess these things are useful and are usually crafted in 1.07 in my experience (pvp experience):

Light Plate Boots+Jewel + Eld + Ruby (40 frw)
    Heavy Gloves + Jewel + Tir + Ruby (2/20/mass leech)
    Any Weapon + Jewel + Ort + Ruby (claws, mass leech)

And from those that are rarer:

Amulet + Jewel + Lum + Ruby
    Ring + Jewel + Ko + Ruby
    Wyrmhide Boots + Jewel +Sol + Amethyst
    Mithril Coil + Jewel + Dol + Ruby

Just a note that those are things that either myself or nulio crafted for use outside of 1.07. There might be more interesting stuff for use in 1.07, but those are useful outside of this patch. As you can see, Ruby is used in 6/7 cases.

Nosferatu belt has 10 leech instead of 5-7, nothing major.

Other gems you can burn on pretty much anything, but in post above I wrote what I think would be best use of each gem. I think it covers it all.

18. pharphis

Hm. I didn't know you could get 40 frw from boot crafts. Now they're starting to seem like the best option for boots in 1.07 for several builds. Welp, too bad I'm about 300-1,000,000 elds short from what I would have if I bothered to pick them up :p

edit: Having s second look at WoRG's crafting guide, the caster boots say 8-15% mana. Is that the same mana boost such as those on items like frostburns and SoJ?

edit: oh god that spelling was embarrassnig

19. Kimppi

Kimppi IncGamers Member

Yes.

20. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Nice post Frozzzz.