Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Questions about 1.07 jewels

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by pixelpowder, Oct 29, 2006.

1. pixelpowder

pixelpowder IncGamers Member

Questions about 1.07 jewels

Hi,

I have started playing 1.07. My Orb/Firewall sorc, with her barbarian mercernary, is now level 62 in Hell and doing well (although she died twice trying to kill the Ancients, which I haven't achieved yet) - thanks Repusz for his fantastice 1.07 guide !

I have a question about jewels. I found 9 so far (I know they are rare...). The strange thing is, I always found them in groups : that is, I would find one and then almost immediately after find another one (and once, in NM Arcane Sanctum, 3 within seconds of each other). So it has been basically 2 + 2 + 3 + 2. My question is : did anyone else experience that (probably has to do with random number generation) ?

Next question : how do you find lots of jewels, since they are the most precious items for crafting, since runes, even if they seldom drop, can be easily obtained by HF rushing in normal until NM ?

Final question : in order to get the most of my jewels, which are the best crafts for 1.07 - I plan to use this wealth in 1.11 later by upgrading characters to 1.11, if that is allowed here which I think it is.

Thanks in advance.

2. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

1.Havent experience it,i think its just random.
    2.LK,councils with a horker and cows prolly too.
    3.I tend to only craft blood weapons.Its bloody hard to get Orts though.

3. tweety

tweety IncGamers Member

Imo its a lot harder to get the runes than the jewels. Have a lot of jewels in stash, but the right runes rarely drop.
    Best place to get any items from monsters is Council. LK chest runs are also not that bad.

4. drsquid

drsquid IncGamers Member

I think finding the jewels in that order is random. I've been playing ver 1.07 for years and once in a while I'll find jewels/runes in batches in the same game, but for the vast majority of time they are an occational drop.

5. martinkingss

martinkingss IncGamers Member

I dont really have a problem finding the runes...but thats just me i suppose.. Found a gul of a hell bovine some days ago...