Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

questioning my valk

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by BananaPancakes, May 26, 2005.

1. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

questioning my valk

hey guys. my current lv90 lightning zon has only 1 point placed into valk. i want to make another zon cause i mesed up some stats, but i dont know if i should even bother with valk/decoy again. i never felt like i really needed the valk and i dont even use a merc. i dont want to spend so many points to get her to lv17 even with plus skills, but i need to cast valk 2-3 times a baal run.

when i remake, should i even bother with valk?

2. ramian

ramian IncGamers Member

i suppose it depends on play-style.

my level73 zon will certainly find it tough w/o her valk (level 5) in nm... don't know too much about hell cos the zon can't even survive actI.

If you feel that you're recasting your valk too often because she is dying, then put in some points into it. I think it's just a personal preference, unlike the other passives, dodge/avoid/etc skills which ought to be at a certain level to ensure survivability.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I have a lvl 25 or so valk most of the time with + skills. She hardly ever needs to be recast.

A good idea though, is to recast her right before she dies. Don't let her die, just recast right before. Recast her in the same place and then the monsters won't come after you.

4. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

What else are you going to spend skill points on? If you're using LF (and I'm going to assume you are since it's pretty tough to play a charged striker with no merc and crappy valk), the synergy bonus hardly seems worth spending all your points on and Charged Strike doesn't really need more than 2 maxed synergies.

If you go all out and max Valkyrie you'll find you rarely have to recast her. Even more so if you invest into Decoy. Only very nasty boss mod combinations or Iron Maiden will bring her down.

5. BananaPancakes

yeah i use lightning fury. right now the extra points were spent on the fourth syenergy, i alreayd have 50% dodge/avoid/evade and about 60% critical strike..but i duno. thanks for the tips so far guys

6. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

Its a matter of playing style. One point in valk is good with skill plusses as you can treat the valk as a mobile decoy casting her where you want her to be before she dies in addition to using the decoy. Just dont expect her to last indefinitely. Of course remember you can buff a valk up to a high level using +3 gloves,circlet and amulet from your stash then switch to your playing gear.

Getting valk to level 17 with skills is also good as that is when she equips with warpike.

LINK REMOVED BY DACAR92. COMPETITIVE SITE LINKS ARE AGAINST THE RULES. PERHAPS YOU CAN LINK TO A SITE WITH NO FORUMS OR NO LINKS TO OTHER FORUMS.

My personal preference is valk at 20 points as it allows a much lazier style of play. I can walk through the pits with merc and valk and other minions clearing it with barely throwing a javelin.

But if your solo style suits you you might also begrudge any points being wasted in the valk tree at all.

7. BananaPancakes

yeah i been getting by without valk but im sure its easier. i think i'll try out valk for my remade zon..and if i dont like it aleast i got a hell forge out of it lol