Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question ....

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thyiad, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Why are you here?

2. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

I used to post all my D2 finds and accomplishnents on Facebook. Everybody thought that was weird.. Now I don't use FB and spend my time here with all you weirdos! ;)

TreeOfSmoke, T72on1 and pharphis like this.
  3. fearedbliss

fearedbliss Diabloii.Net Member

To meet people that love Diablo II as much as I do and for me to improve the lives and game experience for people that play Diablo II for any version. It's a beautiful thing for people to be able to not only experience the game at it's current state (1.14d) but also for people to easily go back and experience the game as how it was at different points in time. The more time passes and the more computer improvements and updates go on, playing the older versions (Or Diablo II in general honestly) is becoming more and more difficult. The removal of a disk drive alone from modern laptops already makes playing older versions just a little bit more difficult, and now with the new Blizzard Diablo II installer (1.12+), people that legally purchased and downloaded the game from Blizzard, can't even go back to the older versions because Blizzard did some changes to the core MPQ files. Luckily @GalaXyHaXz and I figured out a way for people using this new installer to still play the older versions of the game.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Even though I've been fairly inactive for the last 2.5 years (gameplay) and only semi-active as a forum member, I still come around because I'm passionate about the game, learn new things and help others as well, and it's a nice tight-knit community.

mir and DiabloTwoinDC like this.
  5. TheNix

TheNix Diabloii.Net Member

I'm here to learn from the community how to continue to have fun from an old game!

mir likes this.
  6. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

To learn, teach, talk and think out loud about the game we absolutely love, still after all those years. Because of the exponentially increased fun I get out of the game because of that, but also because of the tournaments and challenges here.

To be honest, I'm not sure it wasn't just a rhetoric question though.

ffs and mir like this.
  7. DiabloTwoinDC

Maybe the question isn't related to SPF at all? ..

You see.. when a mommy and a daddy give each other a special hug..

ioupainmax, mir and fearedbliss like this.
  8. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

9. JoeBruce

JoeBruce Diabloii.Net Member

To inspire me to play more D2. Reading about other people's finds and adventures gets me to boot up the game more than I would without the SPF.

I also enjoy the wealth of information and appreciate the opinions of others.

zoo and mir like this.
  10. GothamsBeard

GothamsBeard Diabloii.Net Member

As a newer player to D2 the SPF offers a wealth of information, a great community of players, inspirational stories and tales, a range of fun tournaments to participate in, there's always someone to talk to and even places to vent if you've had a bad day. All in all it makes D2 a much more fulfilling experience for me. I truly appreciate the SPF even at these early stages of me being here.

11. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen Diabloii.Net Member

It's a habit by now. I click it first thing every day without even realizing. Got to keep up to date with the forum :)

Why are you? I thought you'd given up on us.

Timinator, T72on1 and mir like this.
  12. logoutzero

logoutzero Diabloii.Net Member

The guides and discussions drew me here when I played on the realms. The SPF drew me away from the realms. Outside of the SPF/SPTF (not recently) and the D2 Class subforums, I don't use any other part of this site. I did try to play Mafia, but didn't enjoy it so much, but I used whatever part of the forum that was on. I have visited the Wiki lightly over the years, it contains information Arreat Summit doesn't (or doesn't portray well) and I don't visit any other D2 related sites. Information could be gathered and stored offline for years to come; it's not the information that keeps me around, even though I've been absent a few years due to lack of computer, and then no internet out here in the sticks.

It's also not any kind of program, mod, app, that has been, or ever will be developed. I enjoyed this game in its vanilla form for many, many years, and could easily go back to an OEM install, with no third party support. In fact, I think the recent flood of such types of programs seems to be the catalyst that caused this whole situation. I must say, I wish it weren't so.

Is it a coincidence that, for example, time travel has (in my history here) always been acceptable when declared, but now that we have an installed wrapped up in a nice shiny package that makes every patch ever (even one that was never released?!) available so easily, that now time travel is a hot topic, and seems to be causing a rift?

TL/DR;
    The community.

13. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW Diabloii.Net Member

Gotta release the nerd in me somehow

Timinator and DiabloTwoinDC like this.
  14. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

Various reasons:
    • Nice people / good calibre of helpful and like minded individuals
    • One of the few places that has any D2 information that doesn't assume or rely on having top end rune words or banned charms
    • Players that have a lot of skill and who bring a unique perspective and wealth of knowledge
    • Learn new things about the game
    • Inspiration from others about new builds to try
    • Tournaments
    • Build guides and learning from other peoples' experience when playing odd-ball builds
    • GoMule / ATMA / RWM / Easier time travelling and nocd for older patches (my poor battered CDs...)
    • User friendly forum design / Decent UI (some forums are just crap to use and so eventually I just stop using them altogether)
    Philosophical: Why are any of us here?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  15. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

clickbait title. I refuse to respond!

ioupainmax likes this.
  16. ffs

ffs Diabloii.Net Member

All of this. :)

17. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

Pretty much everything that's been said.
    Nerding out, chilling, lurking, not feeling alone playing the game that I just can't quit, etc.

I've been lurking on the forum on and off for so many years, that It's gone past the point of habit and become an addiction. D2 is a game I know i can easily play for couple more decades, and I'm glad to share my experience with those equally addicted ppl on this forum. =P

DiabloTwoinDC likes this.
  18. zoo

zoo Diabloii.Net Member

I'm here because I know something. What I know I can't explain, but I feel it.

Alright, I'll try.

What brought me here in the first place is the vast knowledge gathered here in these forums. What made me come back was the very acitve community that even today, 18 years since Diablo II was released, is very active with new members showing up more or less every day.

The thing that I like the most about the SPF is the fact that people here play this game because they enjoy the challenges it presents. Instead of trying to make the game easier for themselves, even the most skilled players here manages to find new ways to make the game challenging.

PhineasB, T72on1 and DiabloTwoinDC like this.
  19. DiabloTwoinDC

Morpheous - I know something that you don't know..
    I am not left handed! :)

zoo likes this.
  20. RadTang

RadTang Diabloii.Net Member

A lot of build guides :) Actually, this site is one of the best if not THE BEST for the build guides for D2.
    Still checking the forums occasionally but re-logged again after seeing some developments towards PlugY stance.