Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by NewGame, May 17, 2008.

1. NewGame

NewGame IncGamers Member

Question

Ive Heard from a couple of people (Probably Not true in anyway shape or form , for that I am almost sure lol) that there is a way to get expired characters back. It doesn't really matter to Me any more because I deleted them already which is a shame if what Ive been hearing is true lol... I'm just wondering this so i can learn that it is a lie and I can stop Killing myself over something that was not fixable in the first place.

But if it turns out i could of Recovered my smiter hammerdin (fire claws druid <- fun to play On him lol) Whirlwind Barb & 3 mules then well i just may have to repeatedly smash my face against a rock but not a jagged one flat and smooth maybe limestone so it doesn't hurt as much.:lipsrsealed:

2. mechkage

mechkage IncGamers Member

Re: Question

I believe, if the name of the expired character has not been taken by someone else, you can just enter/create a game as you normally would and they will no longer be expired. So if your character had a relatively normal name it is possible that you would not have been able to restore them. If they had a strangly unique name you may want to start looking for that rock.

3. NewGame

NewGame IncGamers Member

Oh i have the rock... i just don't wanna use it yet...

4. Aien

Aien IncGamers Member

It might be about time, I'm afraid.

There used to be a Blizzard post announcing this, but my link to it is now blank. Now, if you have a 90-day expired character, you can refresh it as normal if 1) Blizzard has not done a routine maintenance and deleted it which apparently happens from time to time, and 2) the name has not already been taken by someone else. There's no way to recover expired accounts.

5. ale beer two

ale beer two IncGamers Member

when do accounts expire?

ive had no problems recovering half a dozen expired characters, which can be handy.

6. NewGame

NewGame IncGamers Member

Well time to start over again lol... should of checked with some one first save me alot of trouble >.<

If any one could help me out my account is 8(NjM)8
    Would be much appreciated On UsEast (Ladder or non)

Last edited: May 18, 2008