Question

gibsonSG

Diabloii.Net Member
Question

This seems a bit odd, but...I've tried killing the countess for quest five in act one in hell difficulty, but every single time I've gotten to her, she's been both cold and fire immune. This poses a significant threat to a meteorb sorceress. Does she always spawn as a double cold/fire immune? I'd like to pick up a few more runes, but after trying to kill this 'ho like 10 times and encountering her as nothing but a dual cold/fire immune, it irks me to no end.

Thanks (I know it's probably a stupid question--but I couldn't find an answer either on DII.net or the official blizzard site for the game, Mt. Arreat)

gibsonSG

Diabloii.Net Member
lonnie913 said:
yeah shes always cold/fire immune. get a strong merc! hehe :lol: .

...one word: damnit. Oh well, I can always come back to it later. This makes me want to see that *(*&er die even more badly.

oh yeah, any more prominent fire/cold immunes in hell...so I can steer clear of those areas?

Thanks

gibsonSG

Diabloii.Net Member
omgwtfbbqpwned said:
Lord Suck Balls (the one guarding the top seal for D) spawns dual immune to fire/ice quite often, iirc...

...again: damnit. Do you actually have to kill him though, or can you just teleport away and open all the seals? It seems easier just to teleport away if you can still get to diablo just by opening the seals. The way that top seal's archetecture is, and where lord-de-suck spawns, makes it easy to avoid him completely if you teleport away.

...blah, I want my damned runes (countess...).

gibsonSG

Diabloii.Net Member
lonnie913 said:
you have to kill lord de seis. get your mercenary ready!
...crap. So he automatically has cold/fire immunities? Or he just very-really-quite-frequently does?

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
gibsonSG said:
...crap. So he automatically has cold/fire immunities? Or he just very-really-quite-frequently does?
If I remember correctly, he is always Immune to Cold, Extra Strong and Aura Enchanted.

Immune to Fire spawns might spawn on him, and if you're unlucky like me, we're talking 20+ games of non-stop 'make game + teleport + find out he's dual immune + exit' before finding a nice non-Immune to Fire Lord Suck Balls. :teeth:

Usually I just give up and let my merc kill him while I Static in the back. :)

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
The standard tactic for killing dual immunes is static to half, then TK stun them into submission while your merc kills them.

gibsonSG

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel said:
The standard tactic for killing dual immunes is static to half, then TK stun them into submission while your merc kills them.
...blah. What are the best mercs to have for a sorceress--a meteorb, that is. I know there's a crapload, and they all do different things, and you can get them all at different levels. I hear act II mercs are the best, usually one with like...holy freeze--as all the other auras are more melee based, and have no use for a socresses (unless she's an enchantress).

....oh well, thanks again.

k/t

Banned
I use Holy Freeze, with Bonehew, upgraded Goldskin and Crown Of Thieves. He can kill most monsters the sorc cannot, except the rare ones that don't take much damage from him or that heal faster than he can damage them.

To date I have not yet tried the Telekinesis thing, but I'll try it next time. Although I doubt it will have much effect if the guy is Stone Skin. My merc is not getting killed by him, he just doesn't do enough damage.

Edit: If you want to run the Countess, make a Cold/Lightning sorc. The beauty of that will be that you can just wear normal, non-MF gear, which means you'll be more powerful.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
To be honest, I don't actually do the TK thing all that often myself. I only use it against the really dangerous enemies that are likely to kill the merc if they're not stunned.

Anyway, the best merc for meteorbs is oft considered either the HF, Defiance or Might Act 2 merc, or the Barb merc from Act 5. Or even maybe a Prayer merc, just for something different, since sorcs usually don't leech.