Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question...??????

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Babubhai, May 24, 2005.

1. Babubhai

Babubhai IncGamers Member

Question...??????

Hi, I have read the trad value guide and in that it says to get a moderator for the high trades. Can any body tell me how it works?? thanks

2. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Could you say witch tradevalue thread that was, as I can't say I've read that in any thread.

- D.J.

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

When a moderatoer for a trade is montioned, that is usually a trusted person from the forums that acts as a third party in a trade...usually for Anni trades and such.

4. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Moderator trades are usually used for 1) items that cannot be traded through the trade window, such as annis and gheeds, or 2) inter-core (ok, i made that word up, but I don't know what else to call it,) trades, such as softcore items for hardcore, ladder for non-ladder, us-west for us-east. Basically, you give your items to the mod and so does the other trader, and then the mod completes both trades when requirements are met (sort of like an escrow account for dii.) Mods are used because they can be trusted by both parties.

I don't know of any reason to use mods for trades that can be completed through the trade window, regardless of value. It is no safer to trade high runes, for instance, through an intermediary. It will not protect you from having the rune go poof later.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I never got cheated in these forums so far, although it happened to others often enough. When I insist on using the trade window, it's about expensive stuff which I don't want to lose because of a crashed game. I cannot remember a trade where a moderator has been called to perform it, although I saw trades failing because nobody wanted to drop first.

Anyway, things like Gheed's and Annihilus can be traded by dropping only. The general (unofficial) rule here is "The one with the lower post count drops first", although I don't insist on it if I know the guy well or if he has a post count of perhaps 500+. Else I will demand to pick up his stuff before I drop mine.

6. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

hahaha i like that rule :lol: