Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Fallen_62, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 IncGamers Member

question...

i recently got fed up with the hacking on b.net and i gave away all my accounts (some of u may have seen it in the community forum)...

anyway, i decided that SP is the safer and only way for me to go... plus i dont have much time to play d2 anymore, but i still love to play...

but i do have a question... are the guides from/for b.net just as effective in sp? if so i might have to make a zealer like i did on b.net (cyrus's guide), and a meteorb sorc (sasja's guide). but do they work in SP or is it harder to get along w/o the team play with some builds?

edit: and where can i get some of the SP programs like shadowmaster, but for 1.10?

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

hi there, and welcome to our corner :wave:

first of all, before you really go SP on this forum, you must know we play legit and frown upon the use of editors as jammela, shadowmaster and maphack... we have ATMA (more details explained in the stickies) and that is it.. ATMA is just a muling programme and the fingerprints on the items makes duping almost not worth it...

your second question, yes those builds are still 1337 in SP too ;) i have 2 Zealots guardian and made about 16 pats//mats in 1.10 so far, including 2 meteorbs and 2 zealots on sc...

so ya, SP pays off more than battlenet for me, i played for about 3 years online but went 2 years ago 100% SP and legit, so far i NEVER ever thought off going back to bnet, i just love the forums and the SP version :thumbsup:

good luck!

robin

edit: off course it is your computer and if you want to hack//mod then do so to your liking, but keep it on your computer and dont trade any off those items or items that were found as a result of these hacks//mods.. we all do our best to play legit here :innocent:

3. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Most of the Bnet guides work just as well in SP, but a lot of them do require gear that isn't readily available (you won't find Zods or 40/15s growing on every tree in SP :) ). As long as you adapt the gear requirements they should be fine though.

For muling between characters, you'd want to use ATMA (see the thread at the top). Editing (SM's other feature) isn't something we're allowed to post about, so you'd need to search Google for it.

Hope you enjoy playing in SP!

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

1. yes, the guides for Bnet generally work on SP, but some builds need to be changed a bit, and some (cleric) cant be done in SP.
    2. for muling only, we use ATMA (look at the stickied thread here) as it is very good and does everythign we need, without editing the character and making items. shadow master i belive stopped at 1.08.

5. Howitzer Al

Howitzer Al IncGamers Member

Many of the guides say whether they're better for MP, SP, or work well with either. Most of them seem to work pretty well in SP. I know personally that the concentrate barb. works very well in SP because that's my highest level character (78). I know, I know, that pretty pathetic :yawn: , but I rarely get to play for more that an hour at a time, a couple of times a week.

Welcome to the civilized side of Diablo, Fallen! :wave:

edit: dang, 3 people posted while I was writing this!

6. strijdje

keep working on your smap skillz ;)

well from expirience, builds that work well in SP

-Hammerdin
    -Skellimancer aka overlord aka Fishymancer (here on the SPF that is ;) )
    -Winddruid
    -Concentrate barb
    -Trapsins
    -Pure lichtning zons or lichtning/poison javazone (hybrids tend to do it no SO good)
    - Meteorb Sorc, pure Blizz Sorc
    -Fireclaw and rabies druid

i would suggest getting a mf char up first so you can find yourself some good gear and then build your killer chars ;)

off course i probaly forgot about some build ^^ so dont kill me in the face plz :teeth:

7. Fallen_62

im ganna kill ya in the face for that av :p but anyway...

i gave up playing "non-legit" when 1.10 came out and we couldnt use MH... and i like it... i had planned to stay legit in sp, so u can all stop worrying :p

as for atma, its just a muling program? i had read something about it b4, but i forgot most of it... isnt there a shared stash and stuff too? one that all chars can access? or is it just extended stash?

for my first build i think i am ganna go with the meteorb sorc so i can mf a bit, and get decent stuff for the zealer i am ganna make...

*thinks*upgraded perf/near-perf butchers pupil :drool:

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

yes, you can stash items with ATMA. i odnt use it much, as i have my own system, but its a very good way to stash as its unlimited size. just make sure you dont actually dupe your items. move to stash, then delete the item from the character.

9. strijdje

*note to myself, dont give people opportunities to kill me in the face*

euhm, ok i couldhave seen that one coming :teeth:

well, atma is a muling program which let you mule between you chars and has the option to create a stash in which you can store as much items as you like... 1-0 so far SP Vs Bnet ;)

ow and gratz on going legit, it is so much better IMO, it feels like you are really playing for a reason ^^

if u want to read more about ATMA, check out the atma sticky on the top of this page :thumbsup:

robin

10. Fallen_62

cool... now i cant wait til i go home to dl it (at school right now : /

11. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

off course , it's more difficult in SP than with a team :lol:
    like if you are alone on b.bet.

will not work in SP char with only one attack or build based to help other.
    and the merc is very important (it's you're team in fact)

12. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Ok well theres not much more to say, they pretty much covered it so....

Welcome to the SPF! :howdy: Enjoy your stay

-Pb

13. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

When you move the items from your chars to such a stash file via drag-and-drop you don't have to delete it on the character as it already will be gone.

Stash's are in a file format created and readable by ATMA (*.d2x). They are technically unlimited in size, although computers tend to crash if they're to big (~1,500 seems to be a magic number with non-high end comps).

Oh, and welcome to SP, Fallen!