Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question with Dream

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Mikey, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Mikey

Mikey Banned

Question with Dream

Lets say i have dream helm/shield on a pally and i max resist lit and salvtion. will this be like a fully synergized holy shock? If so wouldnt it be awesome to make a frost zealot using those 2 items? 3 different types of damage and it would be VERY high, and both auras share a common synergy so i think its doable.

1 zeal
    20 holy freeze
    20 resist cold
    20 resist lightning
    20 salvation
    rest in holy shield

AR might not be the greatest but an ITD from crescent moon would take care of that for PvM anyways. Or some other ITD weapon, and a merc using infinity on top of that, wow this seems great, why havent i seen this.

2. JasonBriggs

JasonBriggs IncGamers Member

That can be done as i am doing it on my zealot at the moment and it gives you massive lightning damage to your weapon.

A good weapon to use could be a 2 socket heavens light with 2 eth runes in, this would bring monster defense down massively And itd doesnt work on bosses. So if you have a crescent moon for monsters and then on switch a heavens light for bosses? that would be quite cool indeed.

If youre going to want to be doing high physical damage as well as high elemental damage then why not fish out for a last wish berserker axe if you can. Its just plain amazing.

6% Chance To Cast Level 11 Fade When Struck
    10% Chance To Cast Level 18 Life Tap On Striking
    20% Chance To Cast Level 20 Charged Bolt On Attack
    Level 17 Might Aura When Equipped
    +330-375% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Ignore Target's Defense
    60-70% Chance of Crushing Blow (varies)
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Hit Blinds Target
    0.5 (per level)% Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)

It cant get better than this beauty tbh.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I'd say it can. Last wish has no ias, and with all your lightning/colddamage combined with conviction from merc, you will do a whooping amount of such damage instead. Having more ias will increase damage over time in a sweet way. Using a beast axe however isnt that bad. Ias, fana-aura, and even nice damage. very nice, and a lot cheaper!

4. JasonBriggs

JasonBriggs IncGamers Member

oops forgot about the no ias thing, beast would be a good option for a weapon and then your main aura could be conviction! increasing your elemental damage by massive amounts. (oh yeh then u cant have holy freeze, duh). Anyway, why not turn this into an auradin build?

equipment could be

beast
    dream shield and helm (both would probabley need perfect resists)
    dragon armor
    perfect maras amulet

merc

defiance merc
    doom weapon
    bramble armor
    a helmet with massive life leech

skills

20 salvation
    20 conviction
    20 resist fire
    20 resist lightning
    some points for prereqs
    everything else in holy shield

That is if you can afford all that equipment, i know i can't. Your original idea sounds good though

If you used beast weapon then you should give your merc an infinity weapon to make your auras do some nice damage.

Im sure someone wrote a guide on this somewhere. Ah found it except its a double dream sorc guide. Take a good look and you might get some good ideas. http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=312309

5. Tycho Spradling

Tycho Spradling IncGamers Member

Never mind post just found the answer.