Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question To You Classic Players

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Serdash, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Question To You Classic Players

Well I noticed this forum and was wondering... Do you all play 1.10 Classic? Or do you use a certain patch in say single player?

Just kind of curious, as I thought about downgrading(such a chore) to 1.06 Classic for some SP Fun with a lancebarb, but have no real idea where to start.

2. JoeDamned

JoeDamned Banned

I didn't know it was possible to downgrade....

I play the newest patch for classic, I don't care about the numbers, all I know is the character's got a makeover in skills and they took out the azurewrath, etc.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

There is a version switcher for SP. I am not sure it is available in Bnet. I don't think it is because when you connect to Bnet it automatically updates your game version to the current patch.

I am not sure it is allowed to be talked about here. If so, I will post more about it. If not, consider this discussion over. I will check.

4. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Yeah, you can't switch versions on battle.net because of the auto-update.

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed, seeing as Tren_Shadow's version switcher is hosted on the ATMA page, which is hosted by diabloii.net itself.

The only thing gained from switching versions is you get to go back and do all of the fun stuff you can't do now. It's just a little harder to get some stuff. ;)

5. Inu

Inu Banned

I play on a 1.06 realm (the best patch ever made for D2, been many 1.06 realms over the times since Blizzard won't realize their own incompetence) mostly, sometimes I log on to the 94 1.10 B.Net Babajjong to see what's happening, which isn't much.

6. Classics

Classics IncGamers Member

I play 1.10. Not that it's all that great, if not being the worst Classic patch there ever was.

7. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Your right about that Classics. It was designed with LoD in mind and I doubt that there was any Classic testing. Here is a complete listing of the only known players to welcome this patch:

NitWit_NewSomeNess: "Well, its new...and that has to be good, i stop playing any game after 3 months and there has to be something new to bring me back"

DutifulDanTheLoyal: "If its made by Blizzard, which puts alot of attention into their games, then I accept whatever they do is right, we should be grateful..."

xxRobbeyRobotxx: "I like it, I think. I'm #2 on ladder currently, Hammerdin with 13K damage. So whatever I am presented with I accept as long as I can be on ladder...oh excuse me but #3 is 1M closer to me now, I must go...so sahlee"

MikeyClanMushheads: "Bnet is free, so we cant complain. Cuz i got the game free from some dude who stopped playing, so i didnt pay no $40."

8. TheCerberus

TheCerberus IncGamers Member

I remember when they had testing going on. "We're sorry, but no testing is being done for Classic. At all. Now go out and buy the expansion."

9. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Thx for Info

Yeah, I've always assumed that. BTW, where did u see that quote? From an email response or some release statement? I've heard that when you email them about a particular issue, they send a canned response in that category, to save time, if they respond at all....

Half the folks on classic just dont like the xpac that much. The other half are either new and havent decided to get it yet, or are kinda poor kids barely able to afford much of anything.

10. TheCerberus

TheCerberus IncGamers Member

Latter part of the quote was sarcasm, but I remember them saying testing was not being conducted for Classic on www.diabloii.net. They had a download for LoD testers, and then later one for Macs, but never one for Classic.

11. Davos

Davos IncGamers Member

It is really stupid in my opinion if they will still sell classic D2 without the expansion if they have stopped "supporting" the game. I use the expansion because my graphics card supports it better (and the 800*600 res is almost vital), but i prefer classic - it is far less "elitist" in my opinion, especially in duels

Sadly, i arrived in the D2 world just after 1.09d arrived, so i never had any experiance of 1.06, so i can't comment. I CAN say, however, that they really have screwed up in places
    -the numerous skill bugs
    -the stupidity that, if i attempt to go into a game with one place left at the same time as someone else, it takes about 5 minutes to tell "Failed to Join Game"
    -Fire immunity in NM act4 => significant impact on classic sorceress in particular
    -the fact that the Great Marsh in act3 is sometimes inaccessable from 1 end or the other (someone told me they once found a TOTALLY seperate "island" map, where the greatmarsh wasn't connected to the rest of the map, and could only be reached by wps. Never verified this myself, so could be a load of bull) thus making it utterly pointless
    -The lack of a certain Unique crystal sword/replacement
    -The over powering of a certain F.O.H.king character classic, one F.O.H.king skill in particular, in PvP

However, i DO agree with a few changes
    -Hell Cows is now half useless -> Been replaced by the even easier Flayer Jungle levels
    -Necro Skeletons are mildy useful again!
    -The once neglected skills are now more powerful. Now the "cookie" cutter skills for some classes are now neglected
    -Dueling requires skill. Except if you are a FOH palladin, in which case you just need 1337 gear, thus you should be exiled to LoD.

Overall, the patch was a significant let down, particularly the Set alterations, which were only introduced to pimp up the Uber gear and totally neglected what could have been made for Classic uses (+5 to meteor cathans set anyone?)