Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question to the teleport professionals(sorcs)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by patonis, Aug 28, 2006.

1. patonis

patonis IncGamers Member

question to the teleport professionals(sorcs)

Question to sorcs only:

How do you teleport to summoner, nihlathak, Baal and mephisto without taking alot damage and the need of drinking ?
    I got the problem, that i take damage and have to drink alot. The fast monsters approach/surround me and hit me.

I know you need to know the maps well and you need alot FCR(105 and more). Harle would help too.

1. Should i get more defense or FHR charms or more damage reduction ?

2. Do you use a merc, if yes which ?

3. Do you have to drink often when teleporting ?

My sorc is level 85 and has the following equip: rare circlet, echutas or wizardspike, whistans, rare ring with +10frc, viper(not upped), waterwalk, frostbrand or magefist, and a merc with holy freeze and insight weapon.

Could you guys give me some hints, what to change so it runs better ?
    Please no tips with HR runewords, cause i cant afford them.

Regards,
    Patonis

2. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I don't what you mean by "sorcs only" as I'm sure we've all made a sorc at some time.

1. I'd go with FHR over DR%, but you really shouldn't be getting hit with 105FCR. Do you have trouble running into walls or something? Maybe you just need practice.
    2. A merc can absorb some hits, so as long as he doesn't die he'll help a little.
    3. A few mana pots usually, unless it's an ES sorc.

Your gear sounds fine.

3. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

I usually use a light sorc + prayer merc, or holy freeze. Try not to kill the minions, as nihl will CE them, but 'm usually fast enough, or just relocate if he ce's. Natures peace works too, iirc.

As to the other ones, prayer synergizes with meditation on insight, has gg replife and mana. I rarely need to pot.

4. rata

rata IncGamers Member

you need act II merc with insight and frostburns(+40% mana). before you start teleporting take the merc insight and give it back to him once. u don't need to drink while teleporting with this setup. if you have sojs or can get them ..that'll be better to:grin:

5. dairy

dairy IncGamers Member

I ran a Level 85 lightning sorc with cheap gear for MFing and the build seemed to do alright even with lower end gear. She never drinks unless there is a mana steal monster attacking her, and even then, Meditation bumps it back up pretty quick.

I would suggest the following for gear if you can get it:

Helm: Harlequinn Crest Shako
    Weapon: Occulous Swirling Crystal
    Shield: Spirit Monarch
    Armor: Atma's Wail Embossed Plate
    Amulet: Tal Rasha's or a Rare Sorc Skills + MF - might have to MF this one on your own
    Rings: 2x Nagel rings
    Gloves: Chanceguards (alternatively Frostburns if you need the mana)
    Boots: War Traveller Battle Boots are my preference but if not, rare boots with some combonation of resistance, MF, FHR, FRW...
    Belt: Goldwrap (or Gloomstrap if you need mana)
    Charms: A torch might be a bit harder to come by, but +3 skills? If you can get it, go for it. Besides that I use a ton of 7%MF and +life/mana charms, all of which I found or rerolled.

Switch Weapons: Gull dagger + Rhyme Shield...another cheap 125% MF :)

Merc - Insight Colossus Voulge, Upgraded Shaftstop, Vampire Gaze

Stats/Skills depends on what gear and build you go with. My sorc has 156 base strength (she's buff) so she can equip her monarch (highest str. req in her gear) naked. I added a some points to dex to help my block but I'd trade those points for Energy or Vitality in a second. I'd say aim for strength to wear gear (156 base strength is considered by most too much for a sorc), and Vitality and Energy to get up to 1k life and mana. Skills, lightning is my favorite, although it would be nice to be able to kill those Black Souls...
    But if you go lightning, max Chain Lightning, Lightning, Charged Bolt, Nova and Lightning Mastery. Add one to Energy Shield. Add one point to Frozen Armor (the first one) and one to Warmth. If it can be shocked, you'll roast it.

That's how I made my first 1.11 Lightning Sorc.

6. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

You probably need more points in vitality and energy, and less in str/dex. Also, it would be good to know where you put your skills -- do you use energy shield?

You can increase your defense with a defiance mercenary (act 2 defensive desert warrior), which might make you slightly harder to hit.

As far as knowing the maps and teleporting, nihlathaks lev 2 has only 3 possible maps, so you can memorize them. In arcane summoner spawns randomly and durance is random as well, although the door to level 3 is usually on the left when you exit the waypoint room.

When you teleport, click on the open part of the screen, not into the middle of the monster pack. You should be able to click to the next clear area before the monsters swarm you. If not, maybe your computer is old? Lag issues?

7. MaxMax

MaxMax IncGamers Member

Put 1 points in either frozen or shiver armor, I found that this makes the biggest difference between dying and staying alive when tele'ing in hell....
    If you already have a point in one of those then you proberly just need a bit more practice or your merc to come along and take some hits for you.

btw do you have max block with whistans guard?

8. patonis

patonis IncGamers Member

This my first char build after returning from 3.5 years vacation 2 weeks ago.

It is a FO/Meteor/FB sorc(no ES). Str enough for skulders, 0 energy, dex for around max block and rest in vita. With an anni and torch, i could put less into str, dex, right ? I got Natures peace, but the merc still kills some monsters :) I have 75 all res, but those travincal type caster (guest monster on way to nihlatak hurt) hurt with their lightning and those Lord type monsters with 2 axes hurt bad too. I finally gathered 3 keysets on my own and a smiter helped me do HF quest. Torch was +3 ama, +19 stats and +12 res and i use it until i get better one. I need to get me some small life charms, thats sure.

@Xenon[KoA]
    Do you mean real synergize as with skills for chars or just work god together ?

I didnt find any merc guide on the forums. Earlier back in 1.09 Max aura level of merc was 18. Does prayer regen hp per frame or per second ? AS doesnt explain that.

@dairy
    Spirit Monarch is out of question, cause of the 156 str Maybe with another char or later. I have put 97 into str and have a few points left. Anni + torch + wartraveller might get me near to 156, but i would be tied to wartraveller.

@MaxMax
    yes, i have both armours skilled 1 point, cause i find it a waste of space to use an extra orb just to cast those armours. I aim for maxblock, but have left like 40 points unused so far.

@Greyghost
    I dont think so. I am on dial-up but my ping is ok. I try to teleport a very long distance, so i click into the very corners of my screen. Sometimes teleport is not possible then. Maybe that is the problem. Do you all teleport shorter distances ?

By the way those archers in the pits(aura enchanted) or act5 bloody hurt bad if they come in bigger packs.

9. leetserv

leetserv IncGamers Member

I use a sorc with stormshield, max block and frozen armor. She's near invulnerable and it doesn't degrade my killing ability at all. Putting points in vit for a sorc pays off less than for other chars, because of the low hp gain. Therefore the extra points in strength and dexterity is definately worth it. Also, occulus is king, because if you get surrounded you're out in a second.

I just tele into the middle of nihl's mob, target myself with a couple of meteors and stand around until he dies.

10. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

What's more, the original poster would surely be glad to learn that nowadays, every class can teleport, thanks to the Enigma runeword :rolleyes: :grin:...

11. Frosty_The_Snowman

Some more help to complete what's been said before. There's been some pretty good advices above (FHR, Frozen Armor, etc...)

But I think you main problem here lies in the teleporting technique. You don't have to click every time. Just click on a free spot (not on a monster or on an item) and keep the mousebutton down. Then, hover your mouse in the direction you want to teleport. Keep moving your mouse and use the map to see where you're going. This way, you'll take full advantage of the FCR, because there'll be no interruption between two teleportings. Will a little practice, you'll soon discover that it's in fact very easy to teleport efficiently :smiley:.

12. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Holding the alt button pressed while teleporting also helps.

13. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Keep in mind that teleporting with a merc is probably the only way good sorcs get killed by Dolls.

14. Frosty_The_Snowman

If you really have troubles with dolls, unequip your merc weapon when teleporting :grin: !

15. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

For Meph runs, it's better to get rid of the merc anyway, as he spoils the moat trick and awakens vampires or councils. Versus Andariel, a meteorb sorc will kill her with ~8 fireballs, so she can do it without a meat shield. The merc will just stir up Andariel too early.

16. patonis

patonis IncGamers Member

Thanks, i am going to try this out. As i remember, i have been doing this alittle, when searching for countess tower as example. So i have used this in the open land. Its different with durance level 2 and halls of pain,.. You never know where the next pack of monsters is and if i keep holding the button, then sometimes i try to teleport into walls and have to move the mouse quickly, so i loose time for a 2nd or 3rd try to teleport.

One of my questions, didnt get answered yet:

Do you guys teleport short distances or long distances ? As i have said, i tend to teleport with the mouse pointing into the screen corners.

17. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Iirc, if you hold it - your other skills would synergize it. If its on a merc, the prayer aura would synergize the meditation (adding rep life).

18. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Long distances for traveling, varying distances for repositioning character and/or merc.

19. Frosty_The_Snowman

I think you have this problem because you precisely want to optimize your teleporting too much, and thus you're losing time :grin:. When I teleport, I hit obstacles constantly. You will have to move the mouse a lot in order to reorient your teleporting correctly. Use the map in mini-mode (Echap+Option). I found that it's much easier to use it when in mini-mode. Now, when you're teleporting in a given direction, move your mouse accordingly on the screen. For example : if you see on the mini-map that you have to go up, then describe small circles with your mouse in the upper part of the screen (always with mousebutton down of course).

Long distances, unless targetting some precise item/monster on the screen.

20. patonis

patonis IncGamers Member

Frosty is the man :flip: :thumbsup: :wink:

That was the main problem.

2 reasons(mana didnt stay full) why i didnt do it this way:
    a) At 1.09 this was possible i think, but with 0 points into energy and 1 warmth you needed alot +skills, frostbrand, 1-2 SoJ and alot +mana. So i never used that then i think.
    b) New Start 2 weeks ago: I got an Insight weapon as gift around level 60, but at this point i was not able to do it, due to lack of enough +skills and enough +mana.

I have one last question:
    Does the prayer aura work if i am poisoned ?

Thanks for all the replies, they helped. :smiley: