Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question to Pindle runners

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by wwyvern, Oct 7, 2006.

1. wwyvern

wwyvern IncGamers Member

Question to Pindle runners

Hi guys,

Been doing Pindle for a while now. Yesterday I leveled from 90 to 91 doing that. Problem is... I'm quite disappointed with the drops. I had at the time 441 MF... and the only notable thing that dropped was Kira. All runs were done on /p8. Is this normal or just bad luck? There mustve been 300 runs or so.

I noticed a weird distribution of drops. I got regulary 1-2 rares, sometimes 3. But very few sets and uniques...

Ah well, just wanted to know if this is normal and if I'm doing smt wrong :)

Thanks,
    WW

PS. On the other hand, I'm very happy with the charms that dropped... 11cres/5fhr, 11cres/6mf, pala combat skiller/gold find etc.

2. lachen

lachen IncGamers Member

That seems about normal. Pindle can be very stingy with his goods. Like my first 400 runs in the Pindlethon3, I ended up with 1 elite unique and 5 or 6 really common sets/uniques.

Patience is the biggest thing with him. (Unless you're like me, who has trouble being patient, and you just like to beat him up over and over and over and over and.. you get the idea. :smiley: )

3. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

300 runs isn't that much on the grand scale of Pindle runs. I've experiencing about the same results with my Pindlethon runner, and I have 567 MF. It's just the way things are dropping right now, so keep killing things, and eventually you'll get the good stuff.

4. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

Dude this has been asked so many times...
    All i can say is that ur not doing anything wrong, pindle is very much about luck.

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

For 300 runs ony Kira is quite normal, assuming that you didn't report other sets/uniques. He doesn't drop uniques and set like Meph or Baal, but he can be run faster. Oh and it's probably best to run him at P1, especially if runs at P8 ar much slower (he allways drops 2 items, and items from his minions don't have so high chance to be unique/set). Oh, and he has greatly increased chance for rare items compared to regular bosses.

6. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

It could be worse. My last 1750 runs didn't get me even one tc87 unique. Just keep going. The ******* will caugh up eventually. Poor guy. I wonder how many times he has been killed by members of the SPF. Must be hundred of thousand times.

7. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

a crappy pally combat skiller...awww....thanks a lot pindle

*Gives to Charsie who then throws in fire*

8. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Am I correct in thinking /p1 is sufficient for drop purposes, obviously xp is a different matter?

9. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

You are correct.

10. wwyvern

wwyvern IncGamers Member

Killing power is not a problem, so I'll continue doing it at p8 for experience reasons.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

11. Tigereye

Tigereye IncGamers Member

Pindleskin dies 102.000 times just in the Pindleton-III tournament (if everybody finishes the runs), Pindleton I+II = 57.642 kills, finally the SPF elite runners have already killed him 107.834 times.

So yes hundred of thousand times.