Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question to an experianced Uber smiter

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by reddude, Jul 25, 2010.

1. reddude

reddude IncGamers Member

Question to an experianced Uber smiter

I decided I need a constant source of income to fund my ladder characters :) So i decided it was time to make a smiter, but I have a question about the most effectual pure smite build. As far as gear goes I am 100% ready, I;m just a little confused on charms. The two builds I have to choose from are these:

"um" kira's guardian [email protected] res
    "Chains of Honor" Wire Fleece
    "Last Wish" phaseblade 70% crushing blow
    Thundergods Vigor
    Up'd goreriders
    dual stat 20ias gloves
    "Exile" ebugged 43res vortex shield
    Currently 25 maras, but I have a [email protected] res metal grid I'm considering using instead.
    Dwarfstar/20dex ravenfrost

Torch and Alot of Life charms, Cta and spirit switch

"Um" Guillame's Face
    "Chains of honor"
    "Grief" phaseblade
    Tgod's
    goreriders
    dracul's grasp
    exile
    maras
    dwarf/raven

resist charms to make up the missign res from kira's. then 20lifes, torch

Both seem viable, I haven't had a chance to test quite yet. But one seems like it would have higher non crushing blow damage, while the other seems to have more life with more consistant crushing blow. If any of you have opinions/experiance to share, it would be appreciated.

2. Frostadin

Frostadin IncGamers Member

Re: Question to an experianced Uber smiter

If you are doing this to build wealth, it's still feasible with the current values of the organset and unid torch. I don't expect that ratio to last forever though. Last ladder the values dropped and eventually the value of an organset = the cost of an unid torch. Which meant you had to ID torches if you wanted gain wealth in UT. Unless you are extremely lucky, you will lose wealth fast by farming and ID'ing torches.

As for your 2 builds both should make UT a breeze. When I go UT I prioritize like this:

Open wounds (percentage doesn't matter)
    Lifetap
    Fastest smite breakpoint
    Max resists after Meph's Conviction
    Crushing blow (more is better)
    Life (more is better)

Of your two builds I'd probably go with the first as I dig the Fade proc from Last Wish.

3. whyhack

whyhack Banned

Do not build a smiter for uber trist in an attempt to gain wealth by selling torches. I did the same thing as you on east NL and ended up losing wealth. You will be better off selling all that gear, you will make far more. I bought organsets for 3 hrs each and ended up IDing the torches (bad idea you get crap most of the time) and ended up having a hard time trading the torches just to break even. When I decided to trade unid torches instead most of the time people only offered 3 hrs (breaking even) and I had to wait a long time to get an offer of 4. If you are hell bent on doing this, DO NOT ID the torches. Your chances of getting a high pally torch are very slim and by the time you get on you will have spent even more hrs on organ sets than the ones you got by selling the ptorch. If you want to gain wealth just build a mf sorc/hammerding. It will be faster, by the time you find an offer of 4 hrs for a torch you would have gotten 2-3 by selling the items you found by mfing. just my 2 cents

4. SaintX

SaintX IncGamers Member

I agree completely. trying to gain wealth from this has just fell apart. the only difference between me and "Whyhack" is im not going to pay 3 hrs for an organ set..when you can just as easily use another char to farm keys and get them urself so ur making 100% profit (except for buying potions if u need them) its just poitless to spend 3 hrs on something you can basically get for free.. :coffee: