Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question(s) About Soloing Elemental Druid

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Deciett, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deciett

Deciett Banned

Question(s) About Soloing Elemental Druid

Hi, I'm a little new to the whole druid ordeal, but i know what the gist will be.
    So... the question is all to the strategy. I am a Wind Ele. Mostly i would like to know:

1) Which Merc/What Difficulty/What type?
    2) Should i use Nightwing's w/Enigma or CoH w/ Lore?
    3) I use nado on Magical immunes and A.Blast or twister on phys-immunes
    right?
    4) How many points in minions? What type of Minion? Do i Use a Vine?
    5) Is a Solo Winder Worth making???
    6) Can i run Baal Easily???

Thx in advance to all of you Druid people out there.. hoping i get a vet or two...

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

1. act 2 NM Defensive, Holy freeze

2. IMO Nightwing's/ CoH is best. but then again i am biased gainst enigma

3.Tornado will be your main attack and it does physical damage. Hurricane will be your backup which does cold damage

4. max oak sage. 1 grizzly. 1 carrion vine. the grizzly and vine are optional. the oak sage is after tornado synergies are done. although 1 point at lvl 6 is a good idea

5. do a member search for 'strijdje' then check out his lvl 99 wind_whisperer thread. so yes, it takes some getting used to for the aiming but its fun

6. with good gear and a good map yes. check ^ 5

3. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Is this for Single Player, or Battle.net?

The question asked may sound strange, but I've seen from your other posts that you play battle.net. Getting those runewords etc. is quite doable there, but I find it quite odd that you just started out on Single Player and have oppertunities on picking Enigma, CoH, elite uniques etc. This is not to flame or anything, but would you mind explaining? Also, noting that your cousin has alot of hacks/editors etc isn't really improving the image people on these forums might have on you :)

Now onto your questions:
    1) Well, you have quite few options on your merc. You will be the damage dealer so you don't need any big hurting mercenary. (no barbmercs) You have to pick a merc that can tank for you and maybe help killing. An act 2 Freezing mercenary should be nice (your hurricane is cold dmg, but the HF will freeze alot more and better) or a defiance type will also be good. You could even opt for an act 3 Iron Wolf, if you run into PI's these guys could help you out, even though their damage is normally quite low.

2) well.. answer my question first and then I might be able to answer ;)

3) You use tornado on anything non Physical Immune.. for the PI's you have two options, 1-> run past them.. they aren't really common, 2->kill them with hurricane and arctic blast, accompanied by your merc. Arctic blast does very little damage (the display is wrong) so this will be slow.

4) The minions are around to keep monsters at bay and not to kill anything. A grizzly will tank better, but three wolves might keep more monsters occupied, it's all personal preference. You normally shouldn't need a vine, you could choose one though.

5) He is worth making, he is a good MF'er and can even be used in PvP. I found him pretty boring though (also because he is really safe)..

6) Yes, baal could be your main target, the minions go down easily to your tornadoes and baal can be delt with, with some crushing blow on your merc.

Good luck.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

1. NM act 2 HF merc is the best IMO.
    2. Do you actually have an enigma? If yes, then i'd say use it. Also if yes, do you mind if i call you a haxx0r?
    3. not sure.
    4. Apart from oak sage (which should be max, or at least high) you could put 1 point in the vines, and maybe ravens if you want to be uber cool.
    5. With good equipment it can pwn everything. Its currently the only confirmed lvl 99 character made by a SPf member.
    6. Yes, just be careful of FE and gloams.

5. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

1)NM Act 2 defensive merc (Holy Freeze)
    2)Nightwings with Enigma. Go Go Enigma!!!
    3)Tornado is physical damage. And you shouldn't meet too many PI/CI enemies. If you do, either Decrep from your mercs Reaper's Toll will take out the PI, or they will be unnecesary to kill.
    4)Max Oak Sage. 1 Grizzly. I don't use Vine, because that would put my "end level" at 96 or 97. If you plan on reaching those levels, go on, use Vine, but I like a few extra points in Oak Sage better.
    5)Yes. I have one, and he is very fun to play IMHO.
    6)On low player settings you don't nead godly gear, but on higher settings you'll need some Uber Gear to boot.

6. Deciett

Deciett Banned

I used to play alot of Battle net sint nicholas, but my dad lost his cable connection... so i made a few mf chars (Bliz sorc, hammerdin, Meteorb mfer) and got some inheritance from my cousin (before he even knew about hacks... now he's one of those unhittable, unspamable, untouchable open <insert your word> who enjoy victimizing my guys). Mostly he's gone legit... but he still has hacked guys... Sorry bout that nasty picture...

EDIT: Guess my name doesn't help much either...

7. Deciett

Deciett Banned

OK.. THx much, but i have the problem right now...

I can't seem to find anything useful on my MF runs (clvl 91 blizz sorc w/ ~600% MF can;t find a shako or any Elite unique for that matter... Hell Baal once insisted on dropping 5 normal rares.. not one worth anything), even on the highest lvl areas (Hell den, hellpit, hell chaos, u name it, I've run it for crap)

What is this FE GLitch? Gloams.. are those those Burning souls or sumthing? I'm no noob to DII lingo and glitches (u can tell by my posts) but sometimes i have problems keeping up!!!

8. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

[moderator hijack on]
    No problem with your name. But I do have serious concerns with the legitimacy of your items. As long as you play solo, or in open, this isn't a big deal. But based on what I've seen, you cannot MP or trade in our forums.

If you want to change this situation you will need to start fresh, with new characters, and no items from your previous stashes. If you never want to MP or trade here, no problem. If you disagree with my position, send me a PM. We'll take it offline.

[moderator hijack off]

The FE bug is explained in our stickied forum FAQ. Gloams & Burning Souls are cousins. They are also bugged.

9. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Seems Deciett's "cousin" is AnarchyTheory. Well, actually they are the same guys - both banned.

Nothing more to see here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.