Question regarding Up and Eth

darzog

Diabloii.Net Member
Question regarding Up and Eth

When I used to play (Ladder season 2) there was a bug in that an Eth armour that was upgraded would lose the 50% bonus defense (if I remember correctly the same was not true of up'ed eth weapons). I've heard a couple of people on BNet talk about up'ed eth armours (usually HoZ) and I would have thought that people would have learned this by now.

Was this fixed at some point or is this bug/feature still in effect? I wouldn't want to up an eth armour only to lose it's bonus (not that I can afford to up anything just yet).

Thanks.
Darzog

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
now when u up a eth white item, it'll gain a extra 50% def bonus which is much nicer for eth stones, forts, etc

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
No, it's rolling eth armors for sockets in the cube that applies the doubnle eth bonus.

darzog

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah, so that's what people mean when they say glitched fort/stone/whatever?

Well, I guess that will make my merc happy that I can up some of his favorite toys. Again, thanks for all the info guys.

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
I've heard a couple of people on BNet talk about up'ed eth armours (usually HoZ) and I would have thought that people would have learned this by now.
Upping gear like HoZ is different though.This is a ladder only cube recipe for uniques and upgrades the item form normal to exceptional or exceptional to elite.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
close lagalot
norm to exceptional can be done on nl
only uping uniques from exceptional to elite can be on on ladder/sp

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
ffejrxx said:
close lagalot
norm to exceptional can be done on nl
only uping uniques from exceptional to elite can be on on ladder/sp
Hmmm yea was what I meant:badteeth:

Forgot about sp beacuase I dont play it ..

Hide

Diabloii.Net Member
if an eth item goes to durability 0, does the item disapear or just be unusuable until you repair it with ral/tal/ort whichever ones repair.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Items which run out of durability won't disappear, but become unusable, including ethereal ones. There is absolutely no way to repair or recharge ethereal items, including the repair/recharge recipes.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
you can still add a socket to the item and give it a zod (indestructable) after its durability reaches 0
doesnt recharge them tho

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I'm not sure if zoding would make it usable again and I'm not willing to risk one to try it :azn:

Cyber Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
ffejrxx said:
you can still add a socket to the item and give it a zod (indestructable) after its durability reaches 0
doesnt recharge them tho
Zodding before it reaches 0 will make it indestructable. ;D
Zodding after it breaks and you're S.O.L. T_T

You figure out what "Sol" means. :p