Question regarding synergies

Orion241

Diabloii.Net Member
Question regarding synergies

Hi all. I was told that skills with synergies are only boosted by actual points spent, and don't receive the bonus from +skill items. Can anyone confirm/deny this please? Thanks.

Inokis

Diabloii.Net Member
Look here under synergies.

Orion241 said:
Hi all. I was told that skills with synergies are only boosted by actual points spent, and don't receive the bonus from +skill items. Can anyone confirm/deny this please? Thanks.

wromaniaâ„¢

Diabloii.Net Member
a strange example - a +3 to lighting sentry claw dont add more damage for a trapsin than a +3 to traps claws (lighting sentry damage)

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
wromaniaâ„¢ said:
a strange example - a +3 to lighting sentry claw dont add more damage for a trapsin than a +3 to traps claws (lighting sentry damage)
It would make more sense if you reverse the logic:

+3 trap claws (increases the damage skill and it's synergies)
wouldn't increase the sentry damage more than
+3 lightning sentry claws (increases the damage skill only)

Inokis

Diabloii.Net Member
According to the arreat summit, no items with plus skills affect synergies. A 3 Traps will up the skills in the tree but shouldn't affect the synergies.

Dawnmaster said:
It would make more sense if you reverse the logic:

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Inokis said:
According to the arreat summit, no items with plus skills affect synergies. A 3 Traps will up the skills in the tree but shouldn't affect the synergies.
I think you misread my point, since that's what I just said:

[+3 traps increase each level of each trap skill, so the damage skill rises with the level, and the synergies skills rise with the level, the increase in synergy points doesn't further increase the damage skill though]