Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question regarding Poison Nova

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Naja, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Naja

Naja Diabloii.Net Member

Question regarding Poison Nova

I've heard that some of the specialized Poison Necros on this board report that their Poison Nova is like 10,000+ (assuming that they have Trang's Wing, Death's Web, BRAMBLE ARMOR, poison facets - btw, can someone tell me WHAT facets are, how do you use them, etc?).

Can any of you that have gotten to that point tell me how that number gets up that high? Is that including Lower Resist? Because I myself have done some calculations, and the highest that the Poison Nova went was like 9500...with fully levelled Poison Nova, full synergies, level 10 Lower Resist, all of the + % Poison items, all of the - enemies' resistance to poison items, and this damage assuming that the monster's BASE poison resistance would be 0.

Any pasty-skinned mathematicians amongst you?

2. cotton

cotton Diabloii.Net Member

3. distancepieman

distancepieman Diabloii.Net Member

Did you factor in the inventory full of p&b skill charms and the anni? That'd be another 11 to your nova. Just a suggestion.

~Bails

4. Naja

Naja Diabloii.Net Member

That reminds me...do you still receive proportionate synergies for a skill if THAT PARTICULAR SKILL has extra levels to it by means of an item/charm? I'll give an example.

Let's say that (damage is totally unrelated to Diablo, I am just using this for example) I have a level 5 Poison Nova that does 200 damage. 200 is my base. Now, let's assume that I have an equal 5 in Poison Dagger and Poison Explosion. Each point in those skills = + 10% to my Nova, so that would equal + 100%, or 400 poison damage for my Poison Nova.

Now, if I say had a + 1 Poison and Bone charm in my inventory, I know that points in synergy skills do not add synergies (for example, if there were extra points in Poison Explosion/Dagger due to those extra points), but does the extra damage that they give to my NOVA feed into the base poison damage, or is it simply added on top of all the synergies once they're all calculated?

5. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 Diabloii.Net Member

They deal much more than that. Your character screen lies to you when you take into consideration that fact that that number is mulitplied by the amount of -res they have.

Their amount of seconds that their dmg/sec takes place is also multiplied by the amount of -res they have in gear.

So if a 10k displayed damage venomancer (easily done with bramble, I have 8k displayed w/o bramble and only using 5x pnbs) has -50% enemy poison resistance in gear, and a lower resistance that gives them over -50% (easily acquired), then our friendly neighborhood venomancer is dealing 10k damage per second on a lower resisted monster with -100% poison resistance after combined effects, over 3 seconds, which is 30k.

:)

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Let me see if I understood your question correctly. I'll use your example for this. Your level 5 Nova with the 200 base now gets +1, increasing it to level 6 with 210 base damage. You want to know if the +100% damage from synergies is applied to the 200 base or the 210 base, right?

The +100% damage from the synergies is now applied to the new base damage of 210, increasing your total damage to 420.

7. Naja

Naja Diabloii.Net Member

Wow, alrighty. Seems like the Poison Necro rivals even the Sorceress in terms of obscene amounts of damage.