Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question regarding Jewels/Runes

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DJBod, Sep 22, 2006.

1. DJBod

DJBod IncGamers Member

Question regarding Jewels/Runes

Before you link me to the arreat Summit, I already looked there.

My question is: Is there anything that I could put in a socketed helm that would add to life steal? I couldn't see a rune that does it, or if the jewel pre/suffixes contain life steal.

Reason I'm asking: I have an etheral Stealskull that I was thinking of upping for my merc, but he has a 12% life steal crown of thieves right now, and I think that might be one of the highest lifesteals I could put on him... Wondering if the stealskull is worth upping and socketing, or if I should give it to my in creation character for his merc.

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

life leach doesnt work on mercs iirc

dol in helm would replenish life +7%

if your having problems with him dying, give him pots during battle
    You can use a Healing Potion from the Belt (either by hotkey or right-clicking) while holding down the shift key to give the Healing Potion to the player's Hireling.

3. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Ive always thought it does work...

I dont think there is anything to add life steal to a helmet sadly

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Sure it does.

Mana leech doesn't work for mercs, respectively the merc doesn't benefit from it.

There is nothing you can put into the socket of a nonweapon to add life leech. For weapons you can add a pskull (4% LL ,3% ML) or an Amn rune (7%LL).

5. rata

rata IncGamers Member

life leach works with merc, mine has andy's and i see the red swirl when he's poking

6. deKoven

deKoven IncGamers Member

[:hijack thread:]

Hijack in progress here. I guess I'm sorta more noobish than most. I've a bunch of runes of all types in my stash but I don't know what to do with them. My stash is cluttered with mucho gems of all types and 'bout 14 or so runes. I know I COULD use them on socketed items but the weapons and armor I have on is just fine and I don't want to change them. Do I just buy something, then socket the runes in and re-sell it? I've noticed that one seldom gets the true value back from a transaction like that.

I do use the cube to combine threes into higher values but I wish that we had much more storage.

[/hijack thread]

:embarassed: :dunce:

7. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

2 separate topics here.

1) What do youdo with runes and gems? Answer: crafting and rerolling. You can read about crafting here. As for rerolling: magic item + 3 pgems => new magic item of same type. This recipe is mostly applied to grandcharms (people trying to get +1 skilltree mod), but will work for any magic item. You can craft and reroll yourself or you can trade your runes and gems for better runes or items.

2) How can you store stuff? Answer: mules. Mules are characters people create to use as storage. All it takes to create a mule is to create a character, play it ingame for 2 hours in the first 10 days, and then log into it at least once every 90 days. There is no ingame way for 1 player to directly move items from one character to another, so most people will open a game, stay in it for 5 minutes, drop items, log out, join game with 2nd character, and pick up items. There is some risk involved (battle.net could go down, the server could crash, you could be banned), but it's the simplest muling method we've got. When muling, make sure to take a couple seconds between each action (leave game, exit to char screen, enter with new char, join game) to reduce the risk of temp bans. Also, try not to mule tons of stuff at once. The other two muling methods are with a second computer (or friend), so you can move things directly from one character to another, and by hiding items in public games. 2 characters is the safest way to mule, but it requires a friend to be online or a second computer and set of diablo keys. Hiding items in public games is the quickest way to mule, but you run the risk of losing items to people who stumble upon them or full games.

8. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Life leech is only the most important mod for keeping mercs alive.
    Amns are the only socketable source of life leech, and that's only for weapons.

9. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

and as mentioned. pskulls :)

so thats what the red swirls are :rolleyes:

i never kno what all those graphics represent =/

10. DJBod

DJBod IncGamers Member

OK, so I can't add anything to increase the stealskulls life leech ability. That means I'll put it on my other char's merc, and work on increasing what I have for my sorc. Upping it to increase defense looks like the best option for now.

Thank you all for the information.

11. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

thanks for correcting me krischan