Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question on Uppin

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Hurtsyadontit, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Hurtsyadontit

Hurtsyadontit IncGamers Member

Question on Uppin

Was in a room listening to two guys talk about Uppin which i though i knew apparently i didnt know i'm confused. I know the basic is item,pdiamond,lem,ko rune then combine and it takes the item to the next level exceptional to elite etc. guys in the room said you could use it on uniques n such to make them closer to perf them. so my question is what all can you Upp and is there a catch to it like having a chance to worsen the item.

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Upgrading is converting the base item of a rare or unique item to its exceptional or elite counterparts. The mods themselves are kept the same; only the base item type is upgraded. For example, Gore Rider War Boots is upgraded to Gore Rider Myrmidon Greaves. For the recipes, go here.

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

uping makes most items better
    but if you have a hoz with a low base def it wont raise the final def much but the reqs will increase dramatically, the higher base def makes a bigger difference than the ed

for weapons look at the stats to see if the base wepon speed changes between normal, exceptional and elite, sometimes elite are slower

4. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

If you're in non ladder you cant up them

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

A regular hoz can not have a low base def. Items that spawn with ED% always have their base defense set to max+1. The issue is that when upping, you do not get the base defense set to max+1, instead it is randomly rolled in the base defense range of the new base type. Gilded shields (the base type for HOZ) have max +1 base defense of 169. The Elite version (Zakarum shield) has base defense 169 - 193.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Upping will double the smite base damage of a HoZ which might be interesting for smiters. It's not worth it for any other paladin.