Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question on torch

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by CosmoNova, Sep 12, 2010.

1. CosmoNova

CosmoNova Diabloii.Net Member

Question on torch

Can I carry more than one hellfire torch at the same time?

Or if I got one in stash (or cube), can I carry another one in my inventory?

Thanks!

2. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Question on torch

No, and no :D It would be pretty.. let's say overpowered if you could have an inventory full of torches. You can only carry one, doesn't matter where it is. You can't even pick it up on your cursor if you have one in inv/stash/cube

3. CosmoNova

CosmoNova Diabloii.Net Member

thank you. :)

4. Knarlfist

Knarlfist Diabloii.Net Member

The question you bring up, leads to two great reasons why I feel it's important to perm your game for 5mins before doing Uber Tristram for a Torch... or if it's at your disposal, to use a 2nd CD key or a buddy inside the game with you.

1) I don't see why it's any better to have your Uber character Torch-less, I would much rather benefit from it's stats than do without one just so I can pick up the one that drops. If you perm your game 5 mins, you can then come back in with another Hell capable character of yours to pick up the new torch and ID it.

2) Sometimes Uber Mephisto can one-shot you before you can get him lured to the correct spot and weapon switch over to your life-tap wand charges. It doesn't happen often, but if it DOES then you have a much easier time if your game is permed and you just exit out and re-join. Now you can get your body safely in town, pre-buff Treachery/CtA/Whatever other ritual you do, and then calmly head back in.

If you hurry too much and don't have your game permed first, you might panic and exit out upon dying, and then try to re-join a game that "does not exist" and lose all those keys/organs you worked so hard for :(