Diabloii.Net Member
question on summoning druid

ok the only thing i have a quesion on is the skills. does this look allright

20 grizzly
20 dire wolf
20 spirt wolf
20 HoW
then the preq and the rest in lyc.

is this good. also do i need to max spirt wolf? and should i use a vine?

Epsilon Eyez

Diabloii.Net Member
That build works very well (I have the exact same). I put 1 into Poison Creeper, and 5 into Ravens, but that is highly unnecessary. I use Poison Creeper to stifle enemy healing and the Ravens to blind enemies and tie up groups.

After that, well, I think going into the shapeshifting side is good because you don't have to dedicate that many points to have an effective killer (as long as your weapon is pretty decent), whereas elemental depends on more points. However, it may be harder to obtain gear that helps both summoning and shapeshifting, unless you would solely rely on weapons to garner effectiveness of shapeshifting.

You do not need to max Spirit Wolf, since attack rating and defense are not very important when considering that Bears give damage and Dire Wolves give life. Also, maxing out Spirit Wolves would leave alot to want if you are going into the shapeshifting tree. As for a vine, it is purely personal preference.

Gibby

Banned
That build works well...but each level after you've maxed wolves and grizzly I would alternate between putting points into poison creeper and HoW. Also as a summon druid I would recommend using an elite bow and massing dexterity and vitality to help your summons.

smgh

Diabloii.Net Member
well i a pure summoner these are my items i got most of them

beast zerker
engima
jalas
gloves not sure on
spirt monarch
arachnids mesh
aldur boots prolly
2 sojs
3 to summoning ammy
10 summoning gc wit lfe

merc- act 2 might with a pride eth cv

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
smgh said:
well i a pure summoner these are my items i got most of them

beast zerker
engima
jalas
gloves not sure on
spirt monarch
arachnids mesh
aldur boots prolly
2 sojs
3 to summoning ammy
10 summoning gc wit lfe

merc- act 2 might with a pride eth cv
Good enough gear but I would drop the sojs and get 2 kathos instead. You do not need the mana but the life is golden.