Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question on Septivirate muling rule

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by tragor, Feb 29, 2004.

1. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

Question on Septivirate muling rule

I've just started a new HC pally for the ladder and plan to play him by the Septivirate rules. Having a full stash, I had a few quick questions about muling so that I don't invalidate my character:

1. Can potions be muled on/off?
    I'm currently the proud owner of some 35+ rejuvs. Am I allowed to mule those off and retrieve them later for cubing into fulls or do I need to keep them in my stash?

2. Can jewels be muled on/off?
    This question also includes rings & ammys that I plan to use only for cubing (once I have a cube). The jewels would obviously be for crafting.

Thanks

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

As far as I know the septavirate rules are not really all that set in stone. You can modify them to suit your own needs. Personally, I liked to have a stash for my character to store and withdraw stuff as he or she pleased, but muling between different characters was kept to a minimum. I'd say go with what makes you happy. :)

3. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

As NF said, it's *your* septavirate, so you can choose to play how you want. My personal take on the muling thing is basically that any 'single use' item such as potions, and socket fillers can be moved around as much as you want.

I'm still not sure myself what to do about crafting supplies (ring/amulet/belt/boots etc that actually get crafted... jewels/gems/runes for the recipes obviously come under the previous paragraph).

4. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

Thanks guys. I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to decide how rigid to make my rule set.

Of course, there's always the ATMA-less rule set that existed, well, before ATMA I guess. *Shudder*. Don't think I want to take it that far. :lol:

5. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Well, if you're having a hard time, you can always reconsider and make the rules a little easier. Or if you're feeling that it's too easy you can make them harder. If it weren't for the FE bug I'd have gone with no muling at all. (and I'd probably still be playing the game... :lol: )

6. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

1) yes
    2) yes

the rules for muling are in you're choice.
    a) one stash by char, mule in/off all you want from it

b) one stash for the quest, mule in/off all you want from it. so item can me exchange between chars

c) no stash, no good.

7. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

I hear you. I think I'm just trying to find a point that makes the game challenging enough to keep my interest without it becoming a masochistic slog.

Plus, I'm really not that good so I have to give myself a little help. :lol:

Cheers all. Have a drink on me. :buddies: