Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question on pvp rabies

Discussion in 'Druid' started by smgh, Apr 27, 2005.

1. smgh

smgh IncGamers Member

question on pvp rabies

hey
    im makin a new full rabies druid and i have some questions about what itemsand skills to use and strategy. first off he is a list of the items i plan to use. also this is a full rabies druid

Helm-Cerebus 4 to ss
    Armor-Bramble
    Gloves- trang gloves
    Boots- aldurs
    Belt- arachnids
    Ammy- 3 to ss and + life
    Rings- Bk/ravenfrost and carrion wind
    weapon/shield 1- plague barrer/ spirt
    weapon/shield 2- 6 socket phaseblade with 6 5/-5 psn facets/4 socket shiled 4 5/-5 pzn facet

10 ss gc

Skills

Rabies- max
    Oak-max
    Lycanthropy- max
    Either werewolf or werebear-max
    not sure with the rest of points

Next i want to talk about strategy. Do i need a 4fpa for a rabies dueler that will prolly hit once or twice during a duel. secondly i heard about the poison skill damage swicth with the weapons. If i heard it right from Electric Blue's strategy guide he says u can swicth the weapons/shiled to higher +/- psn damage. is this true and is using the plague barrer/ spirt a good idea. Lastly he says at the bottom that this skill swicth will not work if u use Bramble as your main armor.

"A reminder on Rabies

For the Poison Skill Damage Gear to work, switching to it and back will also work, you don't need to switch and stay with that. Also, if your main armor is not Bramble " (from electric Blue)

Is this True? thank you for your time. I will wait paiently for an answer.

2. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

you my friend are plagued by OMFG DAMAGE!! syndrome
    it will not survive.

you're 50000% overdoing it. You really dont need that much damage, and your susrvavbility will be low as hell

#1 get shaeld jalas mane hits first fhr breakpoint, same + skills, and RESISTS
    #2 drop arachnid mech and spirit for a ed/-req or fauceted ss and dungoes . You git 50% dr there and surviavbilty goes up by 100%

boots, aldurs is alright but IK is a good choice too because you get the AR bonue along with the life and frw either is fine.

armor: bramble, that is completely unecessary in my opinion, but if you want to you can use it. I suggest the enigma beacuse low str= more life and frw gets you more capable of catching your opponents, and runnign away from a barage of bonespirits and the sort.

plague bearer= too slow, who cares if it has + 5 rabies, the sword is horrible. I really suggest you get a custom 4 fpa phaseblade for maximum speed, or a cuztom beserker axe for maximum 1 handed range. remeber faster attack= faster tiem to get in and out and les liekly to be hit too

max werewolf because rabies is wolf only. I suggest you drop the carrion seeing you're pure rabies and you can max psn creeper (frees up ring slot for angelics/raven or the whatnot) creeper can also help you dish out damage. Then put points into cyclone armor/grizzly bear for a meat shield/damage giver for runners and cyclone armor saves you from most elemental attacks

switchign weapons does work. switch to yor facet phase/shield and the +/- % will initialte on teh cureent (i believe) rabies cycle

3. smgh

smgh IncGamers Member

ya thanks for the info. i preety sure than the switch the weapons things does work. im just wondering if it works with bramble as your main armor because Electric Blue says that it will not work and i want to confirm this.

"A reminder on Rabies

For the Poison Skill Damage Gear to work, switching to it and back will also work, you don't need to switch and stay with that. Also, if your main armor is not Bramble " (from electric Blue)

thanks again

4. smgh

smgh IncGamers Member

cmon man someone tell me if i can use bramble and use the poison switch technique. cause i really want to use bramble. and the poison switch technique.

5. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

poison switch works

bramble isnt worth the life/frw you get from enigma IMO

6. supernerd101

supernerd101 IncGamers Member

What you said about plague bearer I think is wrong,yes its slow yes but in my opinion i don't matter since it may only take 1 hit to take someone down and since you just run around after that seems good enough. and about ur damage I think That Having high damage is really im portant with ur charms it will be like over 20* seconds so having 50000 some damage is good so thats like lets say average 25 seconds so thats like 2k a hit I believe but get and ss with dr and block u need it with mostly ne melle

7. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

faster attack= less likely to be hit.

i can hit you and run off and i have a higher chance to do so if my hit is faster and if yo uswing slowly, many characters will probably have an uninteruptible/faster attack than you, such as zeal, whirlwind, possibly smite.

so you're in the middle of the swing and the barb or w/e mows you down, you dont get your hit in and you just lost a chunk of your life. Whereas if you dont get you're hit in with the faster weapon, you can go around for another pass at them. Do you get where im going at?

8. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

Plague bearer is pretty slow. It will be hard to catch casters because they will have teleported away by the time you swing. Melee such as ww barbs, zealots and smiters will also trash you due to high defense and faster, uninterruptible attacks.

Remember, the more swings you get, the better chance you actually have to hit them. The faster you swing, the more attacks you will get in, the easier it will be to catch a caster, and also less time to be interrupted.

To actually have the rabies and run technique work, you need to actually be able to rabies something and come out alive. With a slow weapon, it will be much harder.

I get by fine with 33k rabies damage.

9. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

This part is incomplete in SC, somehow they forgot the last part. Fll text is like this:

A reminder on Rabies

For the Poison Skill Damage Gear to work, switching to it and back will also work, you don't need to switch and stay with that. Also, if your main armor is not Bramble Runeword on a 4 Socket Armor-RalOhmSurEth, you can put that in your inventory taking out 2 grand charms, and put it on and off after biting with rabies.

http://www.geocities.com/welett/fram.htm

10. Zigot_HD

Zigot_HD IncGamers Member

Hi Electricblue,

Could you update your guide now that charges bug is fixed? ( I guess the Carion Wolf build is not working anymore but the Rabid Wolf stay unchange )

I was following your guide for the Carion Wolf build .... and with this 1.11 patch... i have no choice to go on to lvl 91+....

Great Guide!!

Z