Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question on Orb sorc

Discussion in 'Classic' started by CBK, Oct 1, 2006.

1. CBK

CBK IncGamers Member

Question on Orb sorc

Hi, first of all... I am doing a Orb sorc on PvP aspects. No, I won't do a Blizzard sorc, and I already took time to look for one to help me out but didn't found anything (if you did it is appreciated). I know what skills I want, (20orb, 20 mast, 20 IB, 20 teleport, some to warmth or maybe something else...) but gear wise and stats wise I would like to know what helps me more survive. I have always thought that the key for a Orb sorc to work is if it is able to last enough to win. Thanks everyone and welcome me =D

2. Monzee

Monzee IncGamers Member

I think that if you are making a pvp orber you might wanna max es + telekenisis. That ought to make ur life much easier with 2000+ mana. Also vita isnt very important since you need mana to keep you pool up. (can get insane regen with e.g. warmth) I welcome you CBK :azn:

3. CBK

CBK IncGamers Member

That is actually a better idea than going for teleport, but again, anyone there that may help stat wise and items wise please?

4. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

I'm in the process of making an ES Orber, but not for PvP. However, it has some similar things that will work for your build. I'll start with the Skills:

20 Frozen Orb
    20 Cold Mastery
    20 Ice Bolt
    20 Telekinesis
    1 Frost Nova
    1 Blizzard
    1 Ice Blast
    1 Glacial Spike
    1 Teleport
    Rest Warmth

I didn't put Energy Shield up there because you can pick it up from a +2 Sorc +3 ES Staff from Hell Drognan in Act 2.

For your Attribute points, if you're going SvS, then put as many points as you need in order to wear your gear, and then dump the rest into Vita. If you're going SvA, put at least 150 into Energy, rest to Vita.

Gear is a bit tricky here, and you're going to have to invest a bit into it.

Helm: 10 FHR Life/Mana Res Helm
    Weapon: Spectral Shard
    Shield: 17|10/30/20 Priz Rep Life/Mana Str Mana DTM Shield
    Armor: 10|17|24 FHR Life/Mana Rep Life/Mana Str/Dex Res Armor
    Gloves: Magefist OR Frostburn
    Boots: 10 FHR Mana Dex Res Boots
    Belt: 10|17|24 FHR Life Str Rep Res Belt
    Rings: SoJ x 2 OR FCR Str/Dex Rep Life/Mana Res Rings x 2
    Amulet: +1|2 Priz Life/Mana Priz DTM Amulet

Things to look for here are high Rep Life/Mana (for SvS, but useful overall), at least 30 FHR (60 being the ideal), 70 FCR, and a lot of added Life/Mana Gear. If you want, you can even use a 3-Socket PSkull Mask for excellent Rep.

Good Luck!

- Akukami

5. CBK

CBK IncGamers Member

I've read that most likely you only put 16 to telekinesis, but would you explain me why you max it here? And you really say I shouldn't put a unnecesary point into ES and get a staff from drognan hell?

Ok, for stats I want PvAll, so I'll be going first enough for items, then 150 energy and rest I dump it to vitality.

About gear I came from a long time from not playing, barely I have any stuff(only a popper and this sorc so far) so if anyone up like the so know fred may help on a cheap gear, it is appreacite.

Thanks Akukami, you cleared big stuff for me, I hope more people post specially for a cheap gear >.<

6. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

You can put 16 to Telekinesis if you want, but it means your EShield will tank less. It's up to you though.

Also, why don't people want good gear nowadays? Everyone goes back to Fred's Mini-Guides, but I don't think many people know about how much he complained about getting better gear in the actual game itself. He was even too lazy to make a simple Popper Barb for Hell CS runs.

I'l give you STARTUP gear, but please, try to find better gear, okay?

Helmet: 3-Socket PSkull Mask
    Shield: 30/20 Priz Bone Shield (shop at Hell Act 2 Drognan)
    Armor: Twitchthroe
    Gloves: Frostburn
    Belt: Nightsmoke
    Rings: FCR Str/Dex Rep Life/Mana Res Rings x 2
    Amulet: The Eye of Etlich OR +1 Priz Life/Mana Amulet

Also, in reference to your question about getting EShield from a Staff, like I said, you can shop the Staff from Hell Act 2 Drognan. The reason for this is so you don't have to go through all the synergies just to get to EShield. The spell itself is a one-time casting spell that will stick with you even if you don't have hard points invested in it. If you have the staff, before you go out to duel, throw on the staff and cast a Level 5 (or 6 with your +1 Skill Ammy) EShield, switch back to your Shard and Shield, and there you have it.

Have fun, and get better gear! :thumbsup:

- Akukami

7. CBK

CBK IncGamers Member

I see, true that on telekinesis...

Good gear, simple. This might never be welcome here, but I am a very active user of WoW. Yes, World of Warcraft, and I would be playing it if I didn't had some account issues as I am currently having. Meanwhile I thought for a couple of weeks, why shouldn't I play D2? This case is not about being lazy, it is just about a short period thingy, so I might as well just take it easy.

On ES staff, you are right again, and I really appreciate your help. Akukami, I wish and would really appreciate if one day you could rush me quickly, account name is CBK and I would really appreciate it, thanks for the help. So... Here it is how it goes:

20 Frozen Orb
    20 Cold Mastery
    20 Ice Bolt
    20 Telekinesis
    1 Frost Nova
    1 Blizzard
    1 Ice Blast
    1 Glacial Spike
    1 Teleport
    Rest Warmth

Helmet: 3-Socket PSkull Mask
    Shield: 30/20 Priz Bone Shield (shop at Hell Act 2 Drognan)
    Armor: Twitchthroe
    Gloves: Frostburn
    Belt: Nightsmoke
    Rings: FCR Str/Dex Rep Life/Mana Res Rings x 2
    Amulet: The Eye of Etlich OR +1 Priz Life/Mana Amulet
    (cheap, maybe in some uncertain future, I get a better setup)

and stats: str/dex for gear, 150 base Energy, rest vit.

Thanks all you guys, comments, any other useful info, maybe help on the items or what so ever? Thank you all again.