Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question on might and revives

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by diinecro, Aug 30, 2006.

1. diinecro

diinecro IncGamers Member

question on might and revives

i've been reading builds on necros and haven't seen anyone mention how the damage is applied. is the 230% from might on an act 2 merc applied to the damage of revives after skel master or is it applied only to base damage. i was thinking that if skel mastery triples the damage of revives, then an approximatly 200% might would make the revives have a damage out put of about 9times and then amp could roughly double that (well exclud phys resist in hell to make it easier), wouldn't that be 18 times the fire power. i thought this is pretty decent with monsters in hell hitting for 100+ damage and having multiple revives. if might is applied to base damage of revive its not as useful
    :(.

i guess ultimatly this is the age old question of whether thorns or might would be the best for revives, while there is no doubt that thorns is better with low skell mastery, i wasn't so sure which is better if you max. thorns does 1010%, amp roughly doubles it or 1.5 times assuming 50% phys resist but revive monsters also have the 50% phys which is not a problem for might.

sorry if this is something answered in past threads, this is my first time posting and i don't plan on looking through a fourm thats been around since d2 came out. that would be a **** load of reading ;p

2. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

As far as I can remember, all +% damage is applied linearly. That is to say, if you apply Skeleton Mastery (let's say it's 300%, just for kicks), then stack on Might (again, 300% just for kicks), I think it would be 600%, not 900%. Annoying, but true. But still...probably a good thing. A Bowazon with multiple stacked auras doing...what, 50K per hit, would be...annoying, to say the least (sorry, my mind is ALWAYS on PvP).