Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question on Meteor synergis

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by -.kreizi.-, Mar 30, 2004.

1. -.kreizi.-

-.kreizi.- IncGamers Member

Question on Meteor synergis

I was wondering in fo/meteor sorc, the guide says half points to Fire Blast half points to Fire Mastery.

my question is hwy not max one and left overs invest to other?

also if to max which would be more usefull synergis FB or FM?

2. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

i would personally max both FB and FM, as on my old meteorb sorc on bnet i ended up using fireball more often than meteor, because it shoots fast, does tons of dmg, and has a blast radius.

3. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Its what they find to be the highest damage out put. When it comes down to percentage change per point they have found that using a 1 to 1 ratio of FB to FM provides the highest damage output. However I personally feel that since FM continues to go up with +skill they would be better to use FB maxed and what remains in FM. I have not sat down and figured out the math for highest damage so they might have a more damage producing method.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i agree, max FB, as its spamable and can very qucikly against fast moving mosnters that will always aviod meteor before it hits. FB does verygood dmg, with it and meteor maxed it out does alot of other skills with maxed synergies, and its supposed to be a backup, so not bad. FM is nice, and id rather max both skills, but then you can only ave max FO, with little CM.

5. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

I took a somewhat different route when building my meteorb sorc. I maxed out Frozen Orb first, since that's my main killing skill, and it's good through most of Nightmare. Then I maxed Meteor, then Fire Mastery, and am currently putting skill points into Fireball. I like it this way because I let my Holy Freeze merc round everybody up, then drop a bunch of meteors on their demonic heads, and watch them roast. I use Fireball only for its synergistic bonuses, because the Holy Freeze does such a good job of keeping even Cold Immunes in their place while I drop meteors. Damage is massive, and each skill point into Fireball adds nearly 1000 damage to my Meteor right now.

I would suggest following the others advice of maxing both if you can, and doing your skill point assignments in the order that I suggested only if you have a Holy Freeze mercenary.