Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question on low end equip for LF 'zon in 1.07

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by channimal, Sep 22, 2010.

1. channimal

channimal IncGamers Member

Question on low end equip for LF 'zon in 1.07

playing 1.07 single-player.. I was going to go Bowazon (strafer) ,etc.. but then decided to go LF zon since I never played one before. I'm currently lvl33 in Act5 normal. I found a +1 skills circlet and just found a Sigon shield. At this stage should I burn the Act5 socket quest on the sigon and put in a pskull or pdiamond? I'm not having trouble with mana consumption and drink a few healing pots if I'm in trouble. My resists are 75 fire, 61 cold, 74 lightening and 24 poison. I'm thinking just save the socket for something later stage (NM or Hell). Thoughts?

2. gedda-d-e

gedda-d-e IncGamers Member

Re: Question on low end equip for LF 'zon in 1.07

Save it. At a later stage in the game, a shield with PDR or resists will do you a lot more than the +1 skill. I have never played a zon in 1.07 but a ranged druid. I hope you know finding a good weapon is very difficult? And titans dont look anything in 1.07 like they do in 1.08 :)

3. channimal

thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the same thing. I've found a decent rare war javelin right now. I'm hoping to find a cruel something or another as I progress in NM.

4. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

I agree with saving your socket quests. In 1.07, you can get up to four sockets in a magic item! So I suggest shopping a Chromatic Tower Shield of xxxx and putting 3 perfect diamonds in it for up to 87% resist all.

Actually, javazon weapons are the easiest to find, as all you really look for are + skills. Good rares seem to drop often. Cruel would be nice, but good luck. I have a rare with high %'s of damage to undead and demons, and it works great because the yummy +max damage charms get multiplied by the ed to demons/undead.

And lightning fury adds physical damage to every bolt, so abuse that.

5. channimal

so.. mini update on progress on the 1.07 untwinked LF zon:

I'm lvl49 now... it's been a rough haul.. I find myself dying a lot... my resists and dmg reduction weren't that great... finally put Bramble together and cubed a magic ammy with some decent resists... I still have a hard time with light immunes :(

I got an Act2 NM merc.. chose defensive but the HF doesn't seem to be kciking in.. in 1.07 were there holy freeze mercs in Act2 NM?

I crafted some lesser blood gloves with life steal and 5% crushing blow... they're decent enough for now until I can get higher and try for new ones. I did find Sigon's belt and boots to go with the shield.. so I'm getting some set bonuses which is nice. I think my only challenge right now is on my weapon. I haven't found a decent javelin to replace my lower level one... and I remember that the imbue just doesn't really do that well (i think).. if I don't find a better javelin soon I might have to use the imbue just to see if I can get a better one.

Well, enough for now.. will keep you posted on the journey.

Oh.. one last thing... 1.07 untwinked is freaking hard! and sometimes very frustrating.. that is all.. :coffee: