Question on Imbuning and Diadems.

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Question on Imbuning and Diadems.

I want to imbune a 2 skills + 20 Fcr helm. Where should I run to get white Diadem that can get these stats? What if I get a Rare Diadem instead? Should I grab the whole circlet family?

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
I want to imbune a 2 skills + 20 Fcr helm. Where should I run to get white Diadem that can get these stats? What if I get a Rare Diadem instead? Should I grab the whole circlet family?
What level character will be doing the imbue? That is the only thing that has an effect on the possible affixes you can get. The ilvl of the circlet, diadem, coronet doesn't matter, and neither does the quality. You'll get the same results from a cracked circlet you found in normal as from a superior circlet that dropped in Act 5 hell. The ilvl of an imbued item is set to the character level of the character doing the imbue plus four.

Sgraffite

Diabloii.Net Member
What level character will be doing the imbue? That is the only thing that has an effect on the possible affixes you can get. The ilvl of the circlet, diadem, coronet doesn't matter, and neither does the quality. You'll get the same results from a cracked circlet you found in normal as from a superior circlet that dropped in Act 5 hell. The ilvl of an imbued item is set to the character level of the character doing the imbue plus four.
Actually for a Diadem character level doesn't matter either. Since it has a magic level of 18 all prefixes and suffixes are available for any character that imbues it.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually for a Diadem character level doesn't matter either. Since it has a magic level of 18 all prefixes and suffixes are available for any character that imbues it.
Indeed- from the Item Generation tutorial in the stickies:

Look at Diadems. They have Qlvl=85 and magic_lvl=18. This means that they ALWAYS have Alvl=99. Refer to above algorithm for details.
and tiaras always have alvl 83 or higher. You need alvl 90 for +2 skills for a class, and 29 to get 20% FCR.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
And on that note, IIRC you can use the 6 PSkull recipe to reroll them with no loss of ilvl. You can just keep rerolling until you get something good.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
And on that note, IIRC you can use the 6 PSkull recipe to reroll them with no loss of ilvl. You can just keep rerolling until you get something good.
Aha- that is a great suggestion! I have a bunch of characters with imbues and I think my next several will be diadems! I hoped those piles of PSkulls would do me some good someday...

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
6 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item = 1 Random Low Quality Rare Item of the same type
You can use this formula to get another chance at a Rare Item of the same type. ilvl = int(.4 * clvl) + int(.4 * ilvl) Player level matters. This formula will not work on items larger than 3x2.

You can't really roll it forever.

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
Thats just the thing with diadems. You CAN roll it forever.
Thats how i have understood anyways.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Diadems, circlets, coronas, tiaras, as well as some wands have "magic level". Items with magic level will have their affix level set to qlvl + magic level if their ilvl is below their qlvl. Diadems are qlvl 86 IIRC and magic lvl 18. This is rounded down to alvl99, which is max for any item. A Diadem's ilvl never matters.