Question on helm for bramble switch (from happy's guide) i

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
Question on helm for bramble switch (from happy's guide)

I have a question about helm choice from this part of HappyAssassin's Guide:
The Bramble Switch: This is not one item. You will swap out the following items: Helm, Belt, Armor, Switch Shield, and Boots. Helm should be Shako or Giant Skull, depending on opponent. Shako is better against Barbs, Giant Skull against Smiters. These are the two opponents for which you should be making this switch. It is also effective against aggressive Hammerdins. Boots should be Gore Riders, Belt should be Verdungo’s, Armor should be Bramble, and Switch Shield will need to go to Lidless Wall, since Spirit’s Strength requirement is so high. Shako should have a 5/5 Poison Facet socketed in it, Giant Skull should have either BerBer or BerJah.
1) first with shako - 5/5 poison facet vs. a Jah rune for more life? Does the extra damage outweight the extra life? How much life would be gained from the jah? Is it BOable life?

Question / Statement 2) I find I don't need giant skull with smiters - I generally don't have any trouble just trapping and ww'ing away, maybe against tougher smiters it will help? In what situations would the giant skull come into play?

3) What about a str/fhr/ow belt instead of verdungo? Maybe ber the shako to make up for the dr loss from dungo?

Thanks for any insights! :grin:

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a question about helm choice from this part of HappyAssassin's Guide:

1) first with shako - 5/5 poison facet vs. a Jah rune for more life? Does the extra damage outweight the extra life? How much life would be gained from the jah? Is it BOable life?

Question / Statement 2) I find I don't need giant skull with smiters - I generally don't have any trouble just trapping and ww'ing away, maybe against tougher smiters it will help? In what situations would the giant skull come into play?

3) What about a str/fhr/ow belt instead of verdungo? Maybe ber the shako to make up for the dr loss from dungo?

Thanks for any insights! :grin:
1. Jah isn't BOable, it will give 5% of your base life (typically 2k on a ghettoish sin), so 5% = 100 life.

2. You are playing awful smiters. GS is needed for the KB to keep smiters from staying close once they charge lock you etc.

3. Why Str on the belt? Isn't going to help since you will have enough str w/o the belt to use all gear. Depending on FHR and which BP's you have it MAY be useful, although not that likely without other switches.

order

Diabloii.Net Member
generally a 5/5 shako would be the better choice against melee.

ive never really used giant skull, but then again i dont have trouble with many smiters either

a str/ fhr/ ow belt might be nice if u ber your shako since it will allow you less points needed to obtain this bramble switch. it will also help to obtain the 86fhr bp much easier. generally dungos may be the winner in this situation tho since it provides so much vitality, dr, some fhr, and other semi useful mods.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
Arbedark and order, thank you for your informative replies. I figured that it was probably a case of dueling bad smiters. I'll go ahead and put a poison facet in the shako. Maybe if i find a REALLY cool ow belt it'll be worth it :D

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
Arbedark and order, thank you for your informative replies. I figured that it was probably a case of dueling bad smiters. I'll go ahead and put a poison facet in the shako. Maybe if i find a REALLY cool ow belt it'll be worth it :D
I just realised i made a mistake. the Str on the OW belt COULD be helpful if you can't get a Dusk Bramble, but at 77 Str the Dusk bramble should have low enough str reqs for everything to be ok to be honest.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
Archon bramble :/

It was 48% poison damage so I figured I could live with the slighty higher str req.