Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question on happy assassins guide... and help with my first assassin.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ChaosJester, Oct 15, 2006.

1. ChaosJester

ChaosJester IncGamers Member

question on happy assassins guide... and help with my first assassin.

Hello,
    Ive been following Happys guide on makeing a Trap/WW sin. I havent gotten around to getting venom yet or a chaos claw so ive been using traps alot.. anyway my question is why max shockweb instead of Death sentry? I put 20 LS 20 CBS and 20 Shockweb with 1 in DS so far, and now im wondering if i messed up big time and should have maxed DS first instead of Shock web. Any comments? plz help me on this one...

My last question is I have a 66 assasin in NM and im haveing a hard time killing things with my build so far listed above. with LS, CBS and Shockweb maxed, my trap damage for LS only says 2.5k. I belive ive read other people on this board say their trap damage is 12k or 13.6k. how do I get it this high? my trap damage is horrible and NM monsters are tough to kill. Im not looking forward to how rough hell is gonna be. Please help me out.. Thank you.

2. ChaosJester

Please help me..

3. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

it doesnt really matter if you max death' sentry or shockweb, you gain the same dmg bonus on ls from both.

your trap dmg wont be 14k, it will be around 6k. depending on your gear maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.
    your traps are that low coz youre only lvl66. you need lvl90+ to reach 6k+.

4. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

Okay, my guide is not intended for running through the game PvM. It's hard to give advice without knowing your gear, so if you could post a rough outline that'd be fine.

You can max DS instead of Web if you want. It's purely for the synergy, I don't use either of them very much in actual game play.

A very well geared pure trapper has 14k traps. You are a low level hybrid, you won't have very high ones. 8k is about as good as it gets on a lvl 90 hybrid.

Oh, and I don't want to discourage, but I will point out that playing a hybrid for your 1st assassin is a tough road to take, and you'd better be prepared to lose a lot of duels before you get her working right.

5. order

order IncGamers Member

if this sin is for pvm i would suggest going kick/ trap instead of ww/ trap. kicks use up less durability on your weapon making the game much easier to go through. with a kick trap it will be much easier to obtain higher trap damage as well since you will have a wider range of claw or weapon options.

6. ChaosJester

ok, thanks happy for the reply and to everyone else. I was just confused on what i should have maxed first but it seems like it doesnt matter much.

I was so sick of makeing barbs and pallys that i wanted to try a different character, so I picked assassin. (shes alot of fun.) I was planning on going PvM and PvP with her, and i just made it to level 81 with her the other night and she is getting better. heres what i currently use

Shako socketed with ber
    enigma
    ik gloves and belt (need better i know, but im mainly useing for the bonuses,)
    nats boots
    bartucs and jade talon,
    maras, stone of jorden, and a ravenfrost 248/20.

Is there any way i can alter her for both PvP and PvM?