Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question on defiance merc

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by gzvernon, Jan 30, 2004.

1. gzvernon

gzvernon IncGamers Member

question on defiance merc

say i have a merc with defiance aura, "Exile" runeword (for the defiance aura activating & using holy shield with my pally can i recieve all 3 defense bonuses at the same time having them stack?

By the way does a mercs aruas go up in lv as they go up in lv or do they have a set lv & never increase?

thx in advance.

2. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

Multiple auras of the same type do not stack, and you only get the bonus for the Holy shield syngery from the points YOU have in defiance.

3. gzvernon

i wasnt asking about synergies i have only one point in defiance,i was asking if the exile runeword would work in conjuction with the defiance on my merc as well as the holy shield which IS NOT a aura
    so wouldnt they all stack i because holy shield isnt a aura, defiance from exile can be equiped at the same time as other auras, like thorns from bramble & sanctuary from auzurath elite phase blade so it would stand to reason they would stack.

4. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

As long as the auras are not the same, then they will stack. So you can use Concentration, and while using the Exile shield have defiance on, while still getting the bonus from the might aura from a merc (or any other combo of auras)..And as far as holy shield is concerned, it does not matter what aruas you have, as long as you are weilding a shield, you can use the Holy shield skill.

5. gzvernon

so bottom line, the defiance auras from my merc & my Exile would be active or would one override the other, which ever is stronger i was told auras from items dont get overidden by the same aura from another source,well i guess ill se sooner or later.