Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question on converting from classic to LOD

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Singuken, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Singuken

Singuken IncGamers Member

Question on converting from classic to LOD

If I get LOD what benefits are there if I want to just keep playing classic for now?

Do I get the 800x600 and expanded stash? Thanks for any info. I'm enjoying my 2nd week back and have a barb up to lvl 26. I'm remaking a new barb though now after a very generous person that was quitting gave me a very very nice unique martel and some 800+ Ornate plate.

I

2. DawnOfRage

DawnOfRage IncGamers Member

Well.... Geting on the ladder is much easyer in calssic the it is on xpac this late on the season.

3. stanzaman

stanzaman IncGamers Member

The only thing installing LOD gives classic players is 800x600 resolution. Otherwise, to get things like the expanded stash, you'll have to start an expansion character.

4. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

If you convert the classic char to LoD it will get the expanded stash

- D.J.

5. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

It depends on what are you going to do after you've installed LOD. If you just continue to play Classic mode, then, yes, only 800x600 resolution.
    No new items, act5, expanded stash, sockets in armor, weapon switch, etc...
    But you mentioned "converting" in your question. Well, yes, you will be able to convert your CLassic character to Expansion character. In this case you'll get all new stuff - weapon switch, sockets in armor, expanded stash, 1 more Act (talk to Tyrael in A4 and he'll open a portal to Harrogath), and increased resistance penalties in NM and Hell :(.
    The character will be pretty much the same as you've played him in LOD from the beginning with some exceptions - no new LOD items will be granted to you for free (but you'll be able to find/trade it) and Act5 will have no completed quests and open waypoints - even if you've done Hell in Classic, ACt5 quests/WPs in Norm/NM will still be incomplete/closed.