Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question on bone spirits damage

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by diinecro, Aug 31, 2006.

1. diinecro

diinecro IncGamers Member

question on bone spirits damage

arreat summit says that a level 4 bone spirit is 76-90, now with a point in all 4 synergies, i should have 124% of that value so shouldn't it be 94-111? the game says i am only doing 84-100. thinking that maybe it had something to do with + skills, i took off my wand, at level 32 i have a bone spirit of level 3. arreat summit says 58-71, i have one point in teeth, spear, wall and prison, they all say 6% so thats 24% right ??? so 58-71*1.24= 71-** but the damage listed in the game is 64-79. it's almost as if i am only getting 12% instead of 24% but why ??? i think this may be a bug and 2 of the 4 synergies is not working but hopefully one of u can tell me what the hell is going on. thanks in advance

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Lying Char Screen or Arreat Summit is wrong.
    Go to a Skill Calc and do it all there.

3. psych

psych IncGamers Member

I think the Arreat Summit lists the damage with already the 12% bonus from 1 lvl teeth and 1 lvl bone spear, since they are prerequisites. If you recalculate, maybe the numbers are then in line with what you see in-game.

4. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

lvl4 bone spirit with no prereqs: 68-81
    lvl4 bone spirit with prereqs: 76-90
    lvl4 bone spirit with prereqs and 1 points in all 4 synergies: 84-100

These numbers are correct.

5. diinecro

diinecro IncGamers Member

ya it works out if arreat summit included the prereqs in the calc. ahh that means spirit does even less damage than i thought :(. i believe blizzard has balance the curse and summon tree quite well (they could boost fire golems damage) but the poison and bone spells could use some work. a necro should never be able to out do a sorc but he could use some extra damage. arreat summit says that a death lord in act 5 can have up to 18000 hp. well with that it would take a lot of spirits to kill a single monster.

thanks all for clearing this up

6. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Meh, few sorcs can kill those monsters in one hit, dont forget you have resistances and immunities. Bone is magic damage, so you'll be able to hurt a lot more.

And there used to be that marrow bug, since it's fixed, bones deal less damage, but for pvp it's still hard, since you're not able to resist it properly.