Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question of bliz/firewall damage

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by MoonUnit, Jun 24, 2005.

1. MoonUnit

MoonUnit IncGamers Member

Question of bliz/firewall damage

Hi, I made a bliz/firewall sorc, she currently has +10 to skills and does 2.4K bliz @ lvl 30 w/ maxed bliz, and ice blast. Cold mastery is @ lvl 17. 7.5K firewall @ lvl 30 w/ 30 mastery. Just wondering if the damage is typical or on the low side. I am also wondering how many hard points i should put into mastery, I have 7 atm not sure if more would be worth it or not. Thanks in advance.

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

my mf blizz sorcs usually do around 2.2-2.5k displayed damage on blizz. however, i recently rearranged my eq, and now displayed damage is 3.5k with 450% mf, and i can kill meph in 4-5 blizzes now (getting extra switch mf, of course.)

but, displayed damage is misleading, because non-cold is actually working at 1/4th the displayed damage, while cold is usually working at 3X that because of the way mastery works (therefore, any cold spell does 200% more damage than any other tree for the same displayed damage.)

3. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Yeah that looks about right. Why? You finding the damage too low or something? What kind've gear do you have? If you can get a hold of it, Nightwing's Veil would be fantastic (as would Death's Fathom, but that's somewhat harder to get). If you're not using Arachnid's, you may as well use Snowclash. Magefist will give you a little extra in the fire tree; every fire skill point makes a big difference.

4. MoonUnit

Well I was just wondering, wasn't too sure about damage with this build. My gear so far is occy, shako, ss, tal ammy/armor/belt, mages, waterwalk, 2 soj, 1 cold gc. Ill prolly have fathom and nw when (if) ladder resets.

EDIT: I have snowclash in stash for when im not mfing and tgods for baal runs.
    Also I am unsure about gears fer merc.

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Shaftstop + Vampire Gaze is an excellent gear combination for a merc, the damage reduction really helps him stay alive and the life leech is also sweet. With the weapon there are several good choices, The Reaper's Toll is excellent with high damage/leech/Decreipify, Kelpie Snare owns against bosses with it's massive slow, and Hone Sundan can take out huge chunks of bosses' life with it's massive crushing blow.

6. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

re merc: i have this sweet etheral duriel's shell that i use on all my mercs because of its low reqs, that usually takes them through hell with me. after that, i switch it with a spirit shroud for the cbf as they usually have max resists on their own after that.

7. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

*scratches head* Do you have a Gladiator's Bane? I think that would make a much better endgame armour than Spirit Shroud...

8. MoonUnit

Ah cool, I do infact have a couple gbanes laying around. Here is what I'm thinking, tals mask, bane and prolly kelpie or tomb reaver if i can find it; maybe a bonehew would be better.