Question from a starter

StylisticDivision

Diabloii.Net Member
Question from a starter

OK. It's been a good 3 years since I playerd D2X, and I'm still faced with the exact same problem as before. I run the game, get ready to create a dude and play, then I reach the class selection screen. I'll spend an hour there, because I can't pick.

Which one is (not the best) the most fun to play with. Fun for me is cool playing style and graphical effects on spells. Challenge is a must, too.

I don't like the casters because I like to be able to get right in there to cut enemies, but I still want cool spells (that rules out Barb).

So, I got the Amazon, Assassin, Paladin and Druid left. Which is the most fun in SP?

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
StylisticDivision said:
Which one is (not the best) the most fun to play with. Fun for me is cool playing style and graphical effects on spells. Challenge is a must, too.

I don't like the casters because I like to be able to get right in there to cut enemies, but I still want cool spells (that rules out Barb).

So, I got the Amazon, Assassin, Paladin and Druid left. Which is the most fun in SP?
Hmm... effects, non-caster, and challenge. I'd suggest a Martial Arts-based Assassin, in that case. You've got a neat variety of skills to employ, with nifty effects, and it's certainly challenging to beat Hell with a melee build nowadays.

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Shade said:
Hmm... effects, non-caster, and challenge. I'd suggest a Martial Arts-based Assassin, in that case. You've got a neat variety of skills to employ, with nifty effects, and it's certainly challenging to beat Hell with a melee build nowadays.

Shade is wise, the obvious choice for what you described! Use Phoenix Strike or the similar skills, pick a finisher, maybe mix in a trap to use too.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm what about a summoner necro? U have minions to deal damage and hey creating a big red mess with Corpse Explosion looks grapically awesome to me lol Seriously though they work with items found off the land and there are reports @ the Hardcore Forums of necros finishing hell wearing no items (naked) Some get bored after lvl 12 but the true fun of this char is getting a full platoon of skeletons, mages, golem and might merc at higher levels, and devious use of curses like Dim Vision, Attract, etc. You could even make buddies out of baddies that previously gave your army a beating with the revive skill hehe.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
A lightning spearazon might fit your needs... She's melee, has pretty graphical effects (Lightning Strike) and is challenging to play without being too frustratingly difficult. Your enemies quickly fry under your power. But as a fragile, shieldless melee build, you need skill and thought to properly make use of your assets (Valkyrie, Decoy, range 5 weapon, merc) in order to survive.

How about a windy druid. They are great killers, using hurricane and tornado (both of which are nice graphically) and although i dont really like druids, they can be stylish (if you forget there flea-ridden body). Also consider moulten boulder. Its like a slow moving bowling ball, if only it was more powerful, id make 1 using that skill.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello. I didn't see your intro... so here's your goodie basket of baked goods. Now, while you think the barb won't work b/c lack of spell effects, it just goes to show that you've never played a wirly barb. What's more fun than a barb who thinks he's a top and can't get dizzy?

Also, if you're looking for fun, you want a caster, but you don't want the bordom of, "smish, you're dead. smish, smish you're all dead... hey? where did meph go?" try a tourney, you can play a caster with restrictions and still have fun and challenge. Just make an intro to tell us about yourself and read the FAQs first.

Summoned

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll third the suggestion for the martial arts assassin. Cobra strike is a one-point-wonder which makes mana and life leech irrelevant. The four elemental charge-ups are insanely fun to use, especially if you release, say, claws of thunder with the second charge of phoenix strike. Visually stunning and lethal (spam the first charge of phoenix strike for mass meteors), at the same time very fragile (you'll want dual claws instead of c/s for quick charge-ups and releases), this is one of the most complicated characters in the game. You'll have to constantly switch between charge-ups (cobra, fire, shock, ice, phoenix) and finishers (dragon claw, tail, flight). She's also the single most powerful character to start with untwinked. No other class has a level 1 skill as deadly as a one-point tiger strike.

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
You're supposed to play for fun of collecting items. :lol:

If you just want fun, play each character to level 50-ish, then make a new one. :) Their moves will probably lose their 'cool' effect on you by then.