Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question from a not-so-newcomer..

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Starseed, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Question from a not-so-newcomer..

I've been playing D2 for quite a few years now, not since it originally came out but I'd say since around the .06 patch or so. Anyway, I've had my ups and downs, been rich, poor & in-between; ran most of your cookie-cutters but I'm wondering: is there actually a way to get impressive gear without spending 3/4ths of my life MFing for it? It normally doesn't bother me but I'm moving back to Chicago in 2 months transferring colleges. Between school, work and having a life again (which I'm predicting will mean very little time for D2 unfortunately), I'd love to make a Zealot. However, with my blizz/mf sorc.. chances are by the time I MF enough to get him gear, I'd probably have something short of a few weeks to play him, heh..

So like I said, just wondering if there was a less time-consuming way to deck my char out. I understand that trading is going to be unavoidable and I have no problem with that, but is there something I can do to have trade-worthy items without spending day upon day memorizing every square inch of Durance in Hell difficulty? :p

2. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

collect lots of flawless gems - transmute them into perfects, and trade them for items here at the forums. prices for decent items usually should be pretty affordable.

i'm not sure of any quicker (legit) way to acquire items, other than doing hours of countless pit/meph/baal runs.

3. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

You know, that's one of those things that's so obvious I didn't even think of it. :lol:

I'm not gonna stop meph/pindle entirely but between those two options, I think things may actually work out. :thumbsup:

4. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Copious amounts of crafting runes for the more popular recipes might also fetch mid level items.
    Not to mention junk jewels.

5. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Other than trade, i can't see any other way of getting decent equip any other way other than running as normal as this has not changed at all since the game came out. (imo it the objective of the end game dude). So as always you get for what u put in unfortunately.

Unless you got some rich friends that will give u free-bees.

6. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

I strongly disagree. If you have a decent MF character, items drop outa the sky in 1.10. Thats largely to deal with the increased difficulty. Thus if you sat down and mfed about 5 hrs solid, I bet you'd ahve enough gear.

Collecting gems is harder than it used to and less productive as the market is unstable in that field nowadays. People previously sought perfect gems for recipes. 1.10 kinda destroyed them. The only one worth mentioning now really is when you re-roll charms. Thus the demand is unstable, meaning hard to find buyers at times. You might spend 5hrs collecting enough perfect gems to get 1 decent item in vs the untold amounts 5hrs of "GOOD" mfing will gain you.

7. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Erm, collecting pgems and doing MFing aren't necessarily separate situations. If you're a pit runner you will find flawlesses all the time. If you're a boss runner, unless you're a tele-ing character, you'll have to kill monsters from time to time.

A lot of ppl just leave flawlesses lying on the floor when they can be used.

I do agree that MFing is still a good way to find items though you might need to collect some pgems to get you that first skullders, or ptopazes to socket in your 4 socket armor (cheapest body armor solution to MF) anyway.

8. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Strongly disagree with what ? me ? or mF ? Btw when i was talking about running it was referring to MF running so still not sure what your disagree to :scratch:

9. chaca

chaca IncGamers Member

I personally never leave a flawless on the ground. In the course of playing through a couple of characters, I've collected an entire mule full of Pgems. I do very little magic finding as I can only play around 1 hr a night, so it is possible to get some decent gear without spending 5 hours a day on the game.

You won't necessarily have an entire godly setup, but you should be able to get the 1 or 2 pieces of equipment that really make a difference.