Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question for those of you with over 800x600 screen res ifr

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SteveMartinfan, Jun 5, 2005.

1. SteveMartinfan

SteveMartinfan IncGamers Member

question for those of you with over 800x600 screen res

I had only had 800x600 for the longest time, until I upgraded my PC and my monitor and now use 1024x768. I tried playing D2 when I first got this PC, but I don't like it in full screen mode (looks way too bad) and the other one I had didn't work so good either (just had it in sort of a window and I thought it was too small). So my question is, for those of you with those sort of resolutions, how do you play D2? If I can get it figured out, I'd like to play the game again, as I'm getting burned out on WoW and I need other things to occupy my time so I don't completely burn out. Thanks :)

Edit: :( I think my avatar got corrupted. Time to find a new pic, as I don't think I have the old one anymore >_<

Edit2: hehe...I found one I like :)

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

You'll get used to it, dont worry. I went from a smaller screen to 1600x1200 and after a while i didnt notice. the windowed gaming can be annoying, becasue everything is small, and you can click out the window, and if your in HC that when you panic.

3. SteveMartinfan

Thank you for the reply, Bob. I do want to play HC, but I'll probably start out SC until I get the feel of the game back, then move on, provided the reinstall goes smoothly (I think my LoD disc might be messed up).

4. Polkiousness

Polkiousness IncGamers Member

Just get used to the slight stretching. It's a pitfall of old 2D games on new LCDs; won't affect new games. Plus, it's not like you don't know how D2 looks at this point :p

5. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

Is there a way around this if you have a wide screen? I've only played d2 before on my destop computer but I have a widescreen laptop and I'm thinking about playing single player in the summer for a while. The only solution that I've tried was playing on window mode but then, the game window is really small.

6. SteveMartinfan

I left it on fullscreen and it's not so bad. Now if I were to ever put it on windowed and then switch back, it probably wouldn't look so good to me then >_<

7. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

the bigger resolution the better, cause in duels u can lock on to players from further away :)

8. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

What does this have to do with the thread?

9. JesusbeJesus

JesusbeJesus IncGamers Member

He is just saying that with a larger resloution you have a wider range of view to use during duels...if that was your playing mode of choice... Another advantage of higher than 800x600 :thumbsup:

10. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

while on the subject...

I dont usually play in window mode but Id like to start. Problem is when I set it to window mode the d2 screen becomes darker and bigger. I cant really see my skill icons and the bottom of my mana/life bulb. Is there anyway to fix this?

11. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

i started playing windowed since building a fishimancer and my computer got really really slow
    my window was too small as well in 1024x768 res, but when i play i always change to 800x600
    then go windowed
    it really works

12. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

diablo 2 doesn't go higher than 800x600. Having a high screen resolution does not affect diablo 2's max resolution. 800x600 is better than 640x480, but no one was talking about the difference between them. The thread is about how to make diablo and it's 800x600 max resolution look good when your standard display is much higher.

To fix the darkness issue, you can mess with the gamma and contrast from the diablo in game menu, or, if that doesn't work, change your video card or display settings.

The bigness issue is probably because you're running an 800x600 window and your screen resolution is set to 800x600. With the windows start bar on the bottom, your viewable area is more like 800x550. If you can up your screen resolution (or are willing to play diablo in 640x480) you'll be able to see the whole thing.

EDIT: Moving the start bar or changing it to auto-hide can also help. I was running an 800x600 window on my 800x600 screen for a while with autohide, but it was a pain to move stuff around and get everything set up well. I just gave up and increased my screen resolution.