Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question for the pros

Discussion in 'Druid' started by smokey[dead], Mar 13, 2004.

1. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

Question for the pros

aight, my pvm wind druid is looking pretty nice at lvl 73 in hell.

Stats:
    str: 110
    dex:55
    life:217
    energy:base

cyclone armor:20
    twister:20
    tornado:20
    hurricane:20
    oak sage:1

+8 all skills.

i have a 3.2k tornado and a 1.6k hurricane.

Only things i'm having difficulting in killing are creatures with very high defense points. i.e: yetis in a1, or moon lords in a5, and so on.

Where do i go from here? I have 1.3k life with oak sage do i keep on getting life or get my dex up to 100 for better blocking? Also, would socketing my weapon with an eth remove the yeti and moon lord problems, since eth has - targets defense and tornado deals physical damage wouldn't that work? Because tornado cant deal damage to creatures with a physical immunity.

2. wind

wind IncGamers Member

No the -25% defense does not remove PI.

I just started playing a pvm wind druid myself and here's what I am finding.

Hurricane does some damage against PIs but most of the time it doesn't do high enough damage to dispatch them quickly. It will eventually kill, but with the mixed up monsters combinations in A5, time may be a luxury you can't afford.

So I've chosen this stragedy, which is building him as a hybrid wind/summoner. With 16 skill points in dire wolves plus a merc they are my meat shields and rather good ones at that. When I meet PIs they keep them occupied while I weapon switch to a Kuko Bow and try my best to stay with Hurricane range. Seems to be the quickest and safest way so far.

But I'm new to playing a druid and perhaps someone with more experience can add some thoughts. :buddies:

3. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

Im not asking if it'll remove the PI or not, i just wanna know if it works to decrease the defense of monsters without PI when casting tornado.

4. Shambler

Shambler IncGamers Member

I prefer an act2 merc with a reaper's toll. It has 33% chance to cast decrepify - which fortunately removes the physical immunity. Then it's just a matter of spamming tornados.. Works great :thumbsup:

About the -25% defense-issue, I believe that this is only applied when you actually hit the monster with your weapon. So it wouldn't really help. I'd go for the reaper instead :D

5. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

same as shambler said reapers toll for the merc my 87 hc wind druid is built for mf only does the pits and anicent tunnels runs no probs archers when im amped only prob i have but with max oak im ok i only have sage, bear and merc 2.7k tornado 1.1k hurricane 300% mf with max resists, baal runs are ok but its not a fast killer with 8 ppl but the max sage helps everyone so im helping in that department.

6. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

whoa... slow it down man, heard of a period or comma?

7. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Yeah for PIs something with %chance to cast Decrepify or Amp Dmg will do the trick, or a bow with elemental dmg + Hurricane.

Eth doesn't work with spells.