Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question For the CB Experts

Discussion in 'Druid' started by KellKheraptis, May 1, 2008.

1. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Question For the CB Experts

Just a quickie guys, since it's been a while since I've made a grind build (i.e. an absolute pvm shredder, kinda like my old Tesladin or Frost Zealot), about how effective does 65% CB/68% OW/65% DS sound with a base damage of say...12k off the top of my head, at 7/4 Fury? This is keeping max or close to max res in hell, also, and ironically it hit the 86% bp for FHR as well. Am I looking at competing with a hammerdin/sorc for killspeed with this (and keep in mind, if I'm partied, that base damage figure will skyrocket from the Conc/Fanat aura of a pally)? Thanks in advance, and hope it made sense!

~Kell, playing hooky from work >.>

2. Jaquiezz

Jaquiezz IncGamers Member

Re: Question For the CB Experts

A fury wolf will never be able to compete in terms of killspeed with a din or sorc, their attacks hit multiple enemies and do the same, if not more damage. As for bosses, 65% cb should take them down pretty fast. Remember though that in multiplayer games, CB is less effective- It still only takes down their life as though it was a single player game.

3. KellKheraptis

Well, being the industrious type that I am, I tried it out on the hybrid, and I'll be buggered if it didn't at least match my 9k/125 fcr hammerdin for killspeed.

EDIT : I get ya too on the CB, though it surely did shred everything in the RoF in an 8 player game. Might have been the 18k damage too with Decrep though, or at least a combination thereof. However, I'm duly impressed all things considered, which is a good thing, since it's going to carry me through the nastiest levels in the game (89-95 at the very least).

4. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

CB is not really less effective in higher player games. In relative terms your normal damage receives the same penalty.

5. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

That sounds sweet. I am about to make my first wolf is there any chance that you could leave skills and equipment that you are using on that build.

6. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

cb is more effective on player8 or full game? more monster life mean more life by percentage removed from cb. wacking stuff and setting of ctc stuff is fun!

7. KellKheraptis

Skill setup is a standard F/R hybrid, and gear :

H : Guillame's w/ Um
    Bod : Duress
    Belt : Rare FHR/Str/Life
    Boot: Gores
    Gloves:Drac's
    Amulet:Highlord's
    Ring 1 : Ravenfrost
    Ring 2 : Rare dual leech