Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question for summoner

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ensis, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Ensis

Ensis IncGamers Member

Question for summoner

When moving your cursor over the Raise Skeleton skill in your skill tree, there is "Damage" with a number (ex, 298-302 (avg 300)) and another one lower entitled "Damage" as well with a modifier (ex, +200 percent). The question comes in when I want to estimate the skeleton's damage after my might merc. Let's just say he has a level of Might that grants +100% damage (for easy calculation). Do my skeletons take their first "Damage" number (the 300) and simply double it to 600 because of the Might Aura? Or is the 300 already the result of the +200% modifier, meaning their base damage is actually 100, so their new damage with the Might aura is 100 +300% damage (200% from their skill level, and 100% from the aura)... bringing it to 400 total damage, rather than 600?

If I confused you, I'm sorry... it's hard to explain my question. Basically, does the might add with or after the skeletons inherent modifier? It would seem it would add with it (ending up with 400 damage) because that's the way it works with equipment on the player... but at the same time, its a skill and and the skeletons might just generate with 300 avg damage which gets doubled with the might aura.

Thanks for any replies.

2. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

might adds in addition to what is listed as damage. The damage stated will be higher than shown with the aura. I think thats what you're trying to ask.

3. Ensis

Ensis IncGamers Member

hmm... i know it makes the damage greater... just in what way. Does it add after the +200% (or any other percent) the skeletons receive, or with it? I know it's confusing... sorry. I guess i can live without knowing.

4. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

i think the original poster may have somethign messed up.

skeleton warrior displays dmg of 1-2 from slvl 1-8. At slvl9, your 'bonus' of +42 percent changes the dmg up to 2-4. every subsequent level continually pushes your dmg further up. By slvl 20 warrior, slvl0 mastery, your dmg is 37-39. Mastery further up's your damage modifier per slvl spent. So at 20/20 124-127 is your dmg output per skeleton.

Might goes on top of THAT number...124-127 x your might # = your dmg per skele.

That number is what goes into your amp calculation.... 'XXX' x amp (x2) = dmg per skele on non-phys resistant monster.

did i explain that right? sometimes it's hard to get my thoughts conveyed properly.

g

5. Ensis

Ensis IncGamers Member

OK, so you're saying the Might aura adds directly to the displayed damage... so in my scenario above, they would do 600 damage. This is good because I was worried the enhanced damage of the Might Aura applies at the same time as the enhanced damage displayed on the skill (such as the +42 percent you mentioned) and not after it, in which case the overall damage of the skeleton is much lower. Thanks for both your help.

6. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

:yep: you got it now dude.

g

7. Starcrunch

Starcrunch IncGamers Member

Actually Might adds to the %increase damage on your skeleton skill which is then multiplied times the base damage (which is not possible to see but at one point I calculated it for all levels up to like 42/42, if I find this I will post it (SM adds to base damage)). Or in math terms:

(SMD+BD)*(MD+SED+100)/100 ; SMD = damage from SM, BD = Base Damage, MD = might percentage, SED = skeleton warrior ED%

-Starcrunch

8. Roach

Roach IncGamers Member

Starcrunch has it right, the might ED is added to the Enhanced damage that the Skeleton mastery and Skeleton skills gives.

Ex...
    Skeleton mastery 40% ED, Skeleton Warrior 119% (at level 20) so, those ED's are added and then the might is added to that, then the ed is multiplied to the skeletons base damage to give you your total.

Similar to a Sword with ED/Max jewels the ed it multiplied to the base damage of the sword then the Max damage mod is added on top of that.

9. Ensis

Ensis IncGamers Member

so then the damage is the lower of the two scenarios... meaning 400 damage in the example first given. I was afraid of this, why else would the skill list the +percent damage if all you needed to look at was the numerical damage. Oh well.