Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question for my Bone Summoner

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Naja, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Naja

Naja IncGamers Member

Question for my Bone Summoner

I'm just finishing up nightmare difficulty, and I am wondering about my Bone Summoner's abilities with good equipment, full synergies, and certain maxed skills.

Question the first: With completely maxed Bone Spirit, 10 to Bone Spear, 10 to Teeth, maxed Bone Wall, and Marrowalks, what will be my maximum damage for Spear and Spirit? (This is assuming that I have a king's ransom in equipment: Mara, White Wand, Chains of Honor, Homunculus, + skills Circlet, 2 Stones of Jordan - + 10 to all skills, basically)

Question the second: What will the life and damage of my Skeletons be (assuming this is Hell difficulty) with fully maxed Raise Skeleton and Skeletal Mastery, and + 10 to both skills? Level 30 for both, basically.

Question the third: I know that Bone Spirit is a drainer on mana, but I hear some Necros talk about not investing any more skill points into energy after about 200, and investing the rest into dexterity (for blocking) and vitality. What would any of you say is a good capping point for a Bone Summoner build?

Question the fourth: When should I start putting points into Skeletal Mastery? I hear that it's often better to put points into Raise Skeleton as long as you can, as the bonuses to hit points and damage are more?

2. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

your setup is similary to Angst's Bone/Summoner necro

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=543

Q3: 200 energy with gear is way too much. many people keep their energy at base points but it depends on gear and what your accessible to. sojs take care of mana problems, but if thats a probably there are other mana resources that increase mana like spider belt 5%, glooms mesh belt 15%, silkweave boots 10%, marrows has mana regen 10%, frostburns glove 40%, shako +life/mana clvl.

Q4: max skeletons and mastery last.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

That would amount to:

Bone Spirit
    Magic Damage: 2851-3061

Bone Spear
    Magic Damage: 1307-1389

Damage: 309-312
    % Enhanced damage: +189
    AR: 905
    Def: 905
    Life: 849

This is the base damage. Things like Might and Amp increase it a lot.

Try to aim for base. If that doesn't work out for you, try 50. If that is still not enough you could go for 75, but I wouldn't pump it past that.

IIDX is right. RS gives you more Skellies and Skellies will have more life, def, AR and damage if you pump RS. Max SM last.

4. richo

richo IncGamers Member

this build is familiar to me and that NAJA name of youres al whole...

may i know the name of youre summoner??

and i must agree 200 energy is way to much unless you can use ES on youre nec wich i doubt, i would rebuild it and take some sojs and such, and i would spend those enrgy points in mana

rgzz
    RICHO

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

imho, for non-bosses, bone spirit is just about the worst you can use. i use CE with bone spear to get the first corpse. i also use silkweaves, which give +5 mana per kill, which generally fills up my bulb after a few ce's. the additional +5 from lidless is definitely overkill, so i go with the 33% mana regen from homo. and then, i could always put a tir rune or +3 mana per kill jewel into my boneshade.

6. Naja

Naja IncGamers Member

That's strange: because I could have sworn that in another post comparing Druid summons to Necromancer summons, the maxed (20 in RS and 20 in SM) skills would amount to 1000+ hitpoints for the Skeletons. Plus I hear so many people talking about their 3k Bone Spears, I don't understand how people can get their damage that high.

7. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

They get it that with lots of +skill items..

8. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

my nec nude mule gets 3.5k spear:

all synergies maxed
    marrows
    +2 nec ammy
    boneflame
    skullders
    arach
    5 pnb skillers

and the rest of the slots are empty. oh, and he reaches approx 4k spirit too

9. Dancolen

Dancolen IncGamers Member

Golem's life goes up each difficulty, think skellies do too.. coulda been a hell skeleton vs a normal skeleton comparison /shrug.. or maybe not... its 1am and ive slept 2hrs in 2 days... /crashing now

10. Mad Mantis

According to another calculator the life of a Skellie would actually be 4089 in Hell. I trust this calculator more than the other. I'll dig up an old post by RTB to confirm this.

11. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Which do you trust more? The German one or the other one?

12. Mad Mantis

The German calc. I recall a conversation with RTB that said that the German calc was better when it came to minions.