Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question for Bear Druid Experts

Discussion in 'Druid' started by RobWild, Jan 29, 2004.

1. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

Question for Bear Druid Experts

I want to make a tough Bear Druid but have two questions regarding my possibilities.

1 - Can the bear druid cast Armageddon in Bear form, I heard that he now can but don't have a high level druid to test it. If he can is this a viable choice for a bear druid anyway?

2 - I am interested in the idea of making a "passion" rune word for any character class to be able to zeal that normally could not. But can a druid in bear form use zeal? Or would he have to be not shape shifted to use it?

Any advice or answers is always appreciated, thanks.

2. Forksup31

Forksup31 IncGamers Member

#1: Yes armaggedon is castable in wolf and bear forms, casting armageddon in a wereform is a new feature in .10, but not a new build, in .9 there were shamans who casted armageddon then quickly shifted and used shockwave, with the addition of synergies it should be an effective pvm build.

#2: In any wereform you can only use spells native to the shapeshift tree (except druid summons and Armageddon, and auras which are on certain runewords), so you can't use zeal, berserk, etc.

3. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

Cool thanks (dreams of a zealing bear go bye bye) :xrollseye

But the Armageddon bear with shockwave now sounds more appealing, thx.

4. Forksup31

Forksup31 IncGamers Member

Thank Garbad IIRC he was the pioneer of the shaman-bear in .9

5. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

Well your questions got answered already but I will add my bit. Also about the skills, all the rules apply that normally would also, no extra summons, and no cross-shifting skills.

Armageddon is too random in what it hits, which is why it can be a problem to rely on as a main skill. It wouldn't be so bad as a 1 point wonder for a Fire Claws Bear because you could get free synergies and then whatever +skills to raise it. I'm not too keen to rely on it alone. The Shaman was by Garbad, but the finalized version wasn't using Armageddon.